Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is actually good news as I really didn't feel confident in programming an ECU even though I have seen videos where guys claim they are doing it. One I watched was 5 minutes revolving around how to buy your VIDO subscription and I got bored before I figured out what I might do with it. Then I looked at the pricing for the subscription and I was priced out. I called Xemodex and they were very patient and polite as I explained my issue. Said they would test my unit and send it back if it wasn't faulty and if it was and the new (used) one I send them has the right part number (which it does( they will program it for me for $279 -5% (they have some promo going on) +$44 shipping both ways. Considering the time and $$ I've put into this car I think this is a fair deal, especially if it works!

I'll post back once I get this all done, they said their turn around is 1 day, but it has to go from me through customs and all that to and from Canada so I think it'll be a few weeks during which time we will not have the car to drive, but that'll be worth it to get past this issue.

drGian
    current lineup: 2001 Volvo v70 2.4 Turbo, 2014 Ford Flex AWD, 3.5 V6 Turbo, 2017 F-150 3.5 V6 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by drgian View Post
    Xemodex - I think it'll be a few weeks during which time we will not have the car to drive,
    Most commonly they had a ~48 hour turn around time for me - but I did pay for next day shipping both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by drgian View Post
    ...they said their turn around is 1 day, but it has to go from me through customs and all that to and from Canada so I think it'll be a few weeks...
    drGian
    Xemodex will have it back to you in 48 hours. You overnight it to them (UPS). They work on it that day, and ship it out overnight.

That's how it's worked for me when I've had them do modules, or just ship an ETM.

Follow their directions precisely and ship the way that they tell you and it will be fine.
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (100K, Michelin AS3+, M1 0W40)
    2002 V70-XC (258K, Castrol Edge 0W40)
    2002 V70-T5 (208K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (92K)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12