This is actually good news as I really didn't feel confident in programming an ECU even though I have seen videos where guys claim they are doing it. One I watched was 5 minutes revolving around how to buy your VIDO subscription and I got bored before I figured out what I might do with it. Then I looked at the pricing for the subscription and I was priced out. I called Xemodex and they were very patient and polite as I explained my issue. Said they would test my unit and send it back if it wasn't faulty and if it was and the new (used) one I send them has the right part number (which it does( they will program it for me for $279 -5% (they have some promo going on) +$44 shipping both ways. Considering the time and $$ I've put into this car I think this is a fair deal, especially if it works!

I'll post back once I get this all done, they said their turn around is 1 day, but it has to go from me through customs and all that to and from Canada so I think it'll be a few weeks during which time we will not have the car to drive, but that'll be worth it to get past this issue.

drGian