Does the XC70 have an unusually large current draw with the ignition on, but engine off?

Yesterday, I was in an automatic car wash that has garage doors on both ends that close in colder weather. I shut off the engine, but kept the ignition on to listen to the radio. I even turned the headlight switch to parking lights so that the headlights wouldn't be on. It was probably around 5 minutes for the wash. When it was over, the starter would click, but the car wouldn't start. I had to get pushed out of the car wash and jump-start the car.

I did replace the battery after that, which was almost five years old, even though it still nominally tested good.

Still, it seems strange to me that simply having the ignition on would drain the battery so quickly. I had just driven 20 miles, so it should have been pretty fully charged. And I know the charging voltage is 14.1V. I've checked it recently.

I've generally owned American cars before where you could listen to the radio with the engine off without severely draining the battery since a radio doesn't draw that much current -- or shouldn't.