Default post reubild blues xc 70 T5

Hi All,

At long last I completed the rebuild of my 2007 XC 70 T5 2.5 Turbo. She had a broken valve, I did the rebuild, but neglected to tighten the timing belt tensioner, took her on a test drive and the tensioner slipped and next thing I knew I had to shell out $800 for a new head job and rebuild her all over again.

Anyway, she's all done but she wouldn't hold voltage. I replaced the voltage regulator and now she's holding 14V but the damn battery idiot light is still on. I have a Volvo specific code reader and I got no codes related to battery charging or anything like that so I'm stuck there.

the other issue does show up on the normal ODB reader, I've attached a screen shot. The code is 'Feed Pump' which I assume is the fuel pump? But again she runs absolutely perfect.

Please let me know how I can clean up these residual issues, if anyone has any ideas, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails feedpumperror.jpg  
    current lineup: 2001 Volvo v70 2.4 Turbo, 2014 Ford Flex AWD, 3.5 V6 Turbo, 2017 F-150 3.5 V6 Turbo

DEM stands for Differential Electronic Module which refers to the Haldex unit of your AWD system. If you have VIDA/DiCE, a scan should tell you if your AWD is working.

Last fall, I was getting a DEM-007 and no AWD. This code was for a faulty Haldex temp/pressure sensor. I replaced the sensor and the code went away. I think the DEM-006 code refers to an inoperable Haldex oil pump.

Working on the Haldex isn't too bad if you don't have a problem with rusted, seized bolts. I had to apply some light heat to remove the Haldex oil FILL bolt but be careful because there's electrical wiring very close to it. Unfortunately, replacing the Haldex pump is more involved than the temp sensor; the driveshaft might have to be lowered to gain access.

There's lots of info on the internet if you search, including a few youtube videos. Here's one quick thread I found:
    https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...6-and-AOC-pump

The XemodeX website also has a troubleshooting flow chart for the DEM:
    http://xemodex.com/us/pdf/DEM%20Flow...rt%2005-10.pdf
    Last edited by Xfingers; 11-02-2019 at 05:23 AM.
    2007 XC70, 206,000 miles
    2002 V70XC, 130,000 miles, parts car

Quote Originally Posted by drgian View Post
    Anyway, she's all done but she wouldn't hold voltage. I replaced the voltage regulator and now she's holding 14V but the damn battery idiot light is still on. I have a Volvo specific code reader and I got no codes related to battery charging or anything like that so I'm stuck there.
    What brand is the new regulator? Since 2005 volvo incorporates LIN protocol for communication between alternator and CEM, so if you do not put the Volvo regulator (Bosch F00MA45212), will throw a DTC message and will end draining battery, ask me how I know, I put a compatible Metzeger ...
    2005 XC70 2.5T manual 243k miles BSR stage 1