I bought a 2007 XC 70 T5 with a broken valve. After a successful rebuild (and several hiccups along the way) she ran like a champ. But after a day or two she started to stutter and I realized she was losing voltage. I tired replacing the voltage regulator but that didn't do it, so I went a got an entire new alternator.

Getting an alternator in this car isn't trivial, I had to remove the intake manifold to get it out. It went back together fine but #2 isn't firing. I've tried everything, switched coil packs, new plugs. The wires on this car (it's got 250K miles) are brittle and I figured one of them was bad. I traced each one back as far as I could and that's not it.

When I bought the car, the connector and pigtail was held together with electrical tape and crimp on butt connectors. I have a 2001 spare that my daughter wrecked so I pulled a connector from there and hooked it up. Still no spark. I went to FCP Euro and even though I can see no material difference in the connectors between the 2001 (which is the wreck) and the 2007 I'm working on, They are different. So I bought a new connector to the coil pack, but could that really bit it?

I can't believe after all I've done to get this car fixed it's a damn spark plug that's holding me up from being done.

Other than the connector, does anyone have any ideas? I've swapped the injectors, I've pulled the plug and I can see there is no spark, but I cannot figure out why.

please help!