Thread: Soft suspension

Default Soft suspension

Apologies if this has been done, I took my XC70 for 4 wheel suspension alignment as I am getting inner tyre wear at the rear
    The car now bounces and feels like it’s lurching to the right but the company who did the work tell me they followed the Volvo spec.
    Prior to this it was completely stable, although it did wear the rear tyres quite quickly
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesvolvo View Post
    I took my XC70 for 4 wheel suspension alignment as I am getting inner tyre wear at the rear
    Any ideas?
    Camber is not adjustable on either the front or the rear, and my car (15 xc70) gets inner tire wear on the FRONT - and being a FWD car (except when needed) the front tires wear much quicker. During tire replacement my alignment shop noted ALL my tires were worn on the inside edge! (because they had been rotated 1/2 way through their life!)

Toe in is adjustable on both ends. (if far enough out, could possible cause excess wear) What were your before and after readings on the print out?

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    Camber is not adjustable on either the front or the rear, and my car (15 xc70) gets inner tire wear on the FRONT - and being a FWD car (except when needed) the front tires wear much quicker. During tire replacement my alignment shop noted ALL my tires were worn on the inside edge! (because they had been rotated 1/2 way through their life!)

Toe in is adjustable on both ends. (if far enough out, could possible cause excess wear) What were your before and after readings on the print out?
    I don't agree with this, the front suspension you can only change the toe, at the rear you only can change the camber. In the rear the bottom arm can be adjusted with the inner Eccentric bolt (30741284).