Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default P0089 OBD code - FPS replaced - problem came back - Fuel Pump Driver Module ?

Hi XC70 Community: I have a high mileage 2006 XC70 thats throwing a P0089 fuel pressure error code and check engine light, coupled with what I think is a running lean symptoms, i.e. lack of power, engine appearing to be too hot. I replaced the Fuel Pressure Sensor in the injection rail and that seemed to help for a few days, but then problem came back - check engine light back on and the p0089 diagnostic code. I'm wondering if the Fuel Pump Driver Module needs replacement. Mine is located inside the spare tire compartment. By all outward appearances it appears clean. I'd hate to spend the approximate $300 on this part when its really the fuel pump. Arrgghhh this is frustrating! Anyone have these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by kornhagr View Post
    Hi XC70 Community: I have a high mileage 2006 XC70 thats throwing a P0089 fuel pressure error code and check engine light, coupled with what I think is a running lean symptoms, i.e. lack of power, engine appearing to be too hot. I replaced the Fuel Pressure Sensor in the injection rail and that seemed to help for a few days, but then problem came back - check engine light back on and the p0089 diagnostic code. I'm wondering if the Fuel Pump Driver Module needs replacement. Mine is located inside the spare tire compartment. By all outward appearances it appears clean. I'd hate to spend the approximate $300 on this part when its really the fuel pump. Arrgghhh this is frustrating! Anyone have these issues?
    Replaced PEM. Still same symptoms. Read the link provided by AKAMick, https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/fo...ic.php?t=62577
    sounds just like my problems. While I did not check fuel pressure yet, the story related in the link ended with a new fuel pump. I will check pressure but I am betting on a new fuel pump. I will update thread for others benefit if the new fuel pump fixes the problem. Thank you for the suggestions.

Hi . I am having fuel issues as well . I'm not sure how to post on the forum . Did you have any success . So far I've done a fuel pump module , fuel pump and regulator . Still the cars fuel pump pressure is all over the board . Anywhere from 58psi to 20 depending .

Default Dithering pays off thus far

Quote Originally Posted by Autoshaman View Post
    Hi . I am having fuel issues as well . I'm not sure how to post on the forum . Did you have any success . So far I've done a fuel pump module , fuel pump and regulator . Still the cars fuel pump pressure is all over the board . Anywhere from 58psi to 20 depending .
    I never got around to replacing the pump itself. I do believe in this car the filter and pump are integrated. Happy to report the car has been running fine again. I realize it’s on borrowed time😀

Have you checked the actual fuel pressure with gauge?
    Does your car have an external (not in the fuel tank filter) fuel filter? If so has it been replaced in recent memory?