Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
    I would be willing to bet you simply have a bad compressor control valve.
    Yep, my issue was, simply, a bad AC Compressor Control Valve. $550 later.

The initial AC inspection did not consist of much, the tech mentioned that the high pressure Schrader valve broke off and spewed freon everywhere...I was the one that had to fish out the broken portion in order to put a replacement valve in. He initially scared me with the possible necessity of replacing a bunch of AC tubing ($950) worth of repairs and still no fix for the AC. In the end, the "assessment/inspection" consisted of removing the freon from the system, refilling the freon, checking for a leak, and the mechanic telling me he wanted to replace the entire compressor (NOT the AC Pressure Control Valve, this was my idea). No checking of electricity to the wire terminals or even simply checking to see if the high and low pressure sensors that relay information to the AC Pressure Control Valve were working.

Oh, and the local dealer had THREE different part numbers for the valve...I made sure to get the valve that was made in Poland (31436166). NOT: 31365093 (which was the first one they ordered, made in Japan), nor 31305844.
    Last edited by terand_1; 10-10-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Without reading the entire post, but seeing you've taken it a few places with not much results... Starts out warm then gets cool... Have you cleaned the condenser coil (behind grill), when is the last time the cabin filter was changed and lastly-is the cowl area (at bottom of windshield) free of debris, such as: leaves, pine needles and caked on dirt? Another thought, is the evaporator (inside coil) drain (usually lower part of the right hand firewall or wheel house are on right side) working or restricted with debris.

If the air flow (in the evap area=cabin filter/cowl "and" the condenser coil) is restricted then exchange of heat cannot happen and will take a while to happen.
    "01" XC70, Polar Blue Metallic, Oak Leather, no 3rd seat, wife's ride.
    "99" Dodge Ram 2500 P/U, QC, 4X4, 8' bed, Cummins, Auto, tweaked a wee bit-522rwhp/998rwtq - my toy.

Default Compressor Control Valve (filter?) was Dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mc View Post
    Without reading the entire post, but seeing you've taken it a few places with not much results... Starts out warm then gets cool... Have you cleaned the condenser coil (behind grill), when is the last time the cabin filter was changed and lastly-is the cowl area (at bottom of windshield) free of debris, such as: leaves, pine needles and caked on dirt? Another thought, is the evaporator (inside coil) drain (usually lower part of the right hand firewall or wheel house are on right side) working or restricted with debris.

If the air flow (in the evap area=cabin filter/cowl "and" the condenser coil) is restricted then exchange of heat cannot happen and will take a while to happen.
    Hi Joe,
    Wish I would have taken a photo of my old Compressor Control Valve, the filter like part of the mechanism was full of little particles that looked like possible rust or dust/dirt debris. This may have been caused by the areas you mention above. Once the Compressor Control Valve was replaced, the AC system worked/s great! So I do not think that cleaning the condenser coil would help. I am not sure when the cabin filter was last changed. Overall the vehicle has been very clean and well cared for (cowl area at bottom of windshield has been free from leaves and such). Didn't even think to check out the evaporator (inside coil) drain...I wonder if the AC technicians maybe cleared that out before they replaced the item which made the "new" Compressor Control Valve work...?

Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12