Kind of an odd question. I'm trying to find out the best glue / adhesive for putting my switchblade key back together. I am now an expert in disassembly and reassembly of the switchblade key for my 2004 XC70, having done it multiple times. Why multiple times? Because I can not find a glue which will stay glued. The original head section with the metal key, push button, and spring, etc. failed. I ordered a replacement from Volvo, and now I've also tried one from ebay, which fits perfectly and appears to be the same type of plastic material. But for the life of me I can not find a glue which will work. 3M trim adhesive fails. JB Weld fails, Goop fails. Gorilla glue fails. Plastic model cement fails. They all fail from the torque my wife puts on the key when turning it to start the car. None of the glues actually bond with the plastic or have any dissolving properties on the plastic. Once they dry, they can be scraped off more or less cleanly. I know because I've scraped them all off.... Anyone?

(this question is now somewhat academic, because I just spent a ton at the dealer for a new switchblade key, but at least I'd like to have my old key be a reliable backup, if I can REALLY glue it together)