Default soft pops in front end

2015 xc70 T6 25,000 mile

Wife recently notices soft pops from front end of car while turning into driveways for parking - or going over speed bumps slowly.

Dealer replaced lower stabilizer bushing and drivers side strut and mount - not related dealer replaced right front wheel bearing -

I am clueless - could the strut towers nave cracks?? I have heard the sound and it is subtle but its there only on sharp turns at slow speed - both sides

Is the sound coming from one side...does the soft pop only happen when one wheel is going over a bump? Find some speed humps and test each wheel going over separately.

When I have a problem with wheels-suspension that's a stumper, I'll take it to Big O. They test drive it and provide their opinion. You decide if they are 100% confident in their opinion. If the repair involves taking apart the strut stack, you're not going to be able to do that yourself.

Big O??

So far stab bar bushings - left front strut and subframe mounts - still a soft pop when torsional loads happen - a sharp slow turn on a steep drive way - still there - if the radio was on you would not hear it - cant hear if you are going fast only real slow

Are you still experiencing this problem? You might look into the sway bar end links. This was my problem a couple of years ago, but that was around 70K miles not 25K. You could test by undoing the the end links and going for a short ride over small bumps that would have caused the issue normally. Obviously if the sound is no longer there, you've found the issue.
    '06 XC70 (Ice White) - 2.5T-Auto -102K Miles to-date
    '93 850 GLT -2.4L-Std - the Red Rocket - gone
    '80 240DL -B21F-Std - killed in 2015 by a Mazda outside our house @282k kms

RESOLVED

Volvo rep happened to be at dealer - we were about to remove the front end - and take out axles - rep took a ride and proclaimed " brake pads"

HUh?

Seems the new xc90's have a same issue - its the clearance of the brake pad to the caliper - removed pas and coated the edge with a silicone ceramic goo - no noise