Default 2006 xc 70 pcv system

I'm replacing breather box and some hoses for my 06 xc70, my questions. when I get breather box off, inspected and clean ports to I guess the crankcase, use the blowing air through port technique to see in port is plugged to oil pan. (if there's another technique, please share), if it's plugged and have to remove oil pan to clean, here's my questions, do I have to remove oil pan to clean BEFORE I reassemble the breather box, tubes, intake manifold etc......OR can I put the PCV system back together and then address the issues in the oil pan.
    thanks for the help.

For me, I used a .30 caliber bronze brush (gun cleaning tool) on a flexible wand to clean the port from above. It's a tight turn in there, you can't really see what you're doing, and the brush had a bunch of gunk stuck on it.

So, I ended up dropping the pan, figuring that I didn't want the gunk that the brush knocked off clogging up the pickup tube of the oil pump.

If you drop the pan, you don't really need the breather box off. You can re-assemble the top side, just clean out the horizontal part of the oil passages, and then tackle the bottom side.

Pan drop isn't hard, but it is time-consuming. There's over 30 bolts holding that thing on. I bought one of these* before the last time I did a pan, and it was a huge time saver.

Make certain that the mating surfaces are perfectly clean. Use an anaerobic sealant, nothing else.

I've ended up doing the pan drop on all three Volvos. It gets easier each time...

* https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-245...gateway&sr=8-3

Milwaukee 12V Cordless Li-ion Ratchet #2457
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Thanks for the response, I going to order the parts for the PCV system for the front and try it myself, I don't have a place I can do both front, bottom at same time, I can do one then re-situate the car for other. thanks again, of course if I get trouble I'll be back. I was thinking about use a shop vac to suck the gunk from the port in the hope it won't fall in while i was cleaning it.