Default Front suspension torque values

Checking through the resources section and searching for torque values I have come across what seem to be conflicting values for the drive shaft bolt.
    In one place I found 35Nm + 90 degrees on new bolts in another I found "drive shaft screw 50Nm".
    Is there a consensus among forum members about which is right? I have used 35Nm in the past without misshap. As I have broken the rule about always using new bolts for both the drive shaft and brake caliper bracket bolt, am I alone in doing this or are others reusing bolts using threadlock?

I re-use the brake caliper bolts with threadlock.

I use new axle bolts each time.

I use 35NM + 90 degrees for the axle bolts.

Simply, if it's chemical threadlock, you can clean, re-apply thread lock and re-use. Caliper bolts, caliper pins, control arm bolts, etc.

If it's a stretched bolt, like the axle, I would not re-use, as they lose their elasticity with each stretch. Without the stretch on that axle bolt, you can get axle ping.

In the middle/your call - those nuts/bolts that have been deformed to lock the threads, like the strut to spindle/hub bolts. Volvo calls for them to be replaced each time. When you look at them, they have mechanical thread locking from that deformation. The nuts are deformed/squished just a bit to an oval profile to lock the threads. Each time you tighten/loosen them, you are working the threads back to normal. So, with use, you lose some of the intended thread lock on those bolts/nuts. I simply tighten them to spec and call it good. Values like 135 NM are specified.

But since those bolts may need to be loosened to adjust camber, the alignment guy isn't going to re-apply threadlocker, nor is he likely to make the adjustment if you've got them cranked up to something like 250NM and he can't get them loose. He's going to hit them with an air impact anyway, and they'll be upwards of 200NM when he's done. They're not going anywhere...
    Current Fleet:
    2016 Tundra Crewmax 4WD 1794
    2005 MB S600 (126K, Michelin AS4, HPL 0W40)
    2005 MB SL600 (55K Michelin AS4, Mobil 1 0W40)
    2004 V70R (143K, six speed M66, HPL 5W40)
    2004 XC90 (235K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-XC (295K, HPL 0W30 Euro)
    2002 V70-T5 (225K, IPD bars, Bilsteins)
    2001 V70-T5 (125K, IPD downpipe, cat back and other mods)
    1932 Packard Sedan (straight 8, dual sidemounts, original paint and interior, Shell Rotella 15W40)

Quote Originally Posted by Astro14 View Post
    Without the stretch on that axle bolt, you can get axle ping.
    Waaaaait a minute here. Are we talking about the bolt at the end of the axle? And can you describe what 'axle ping' sounds like? I just may be having this problem....

Many thanks Astro. I did a trawl of the "resources" section (great) but your reassurance and experience is worth a ton!