Default First World Problems

I bought my first Volvo a little less than a year ago. It's a 2010 XC70 AWD and I am completely in love. However, I have one minor FWP gripe: the sound system is one generation too old to include Bluetooth streaming audio. I can sync my phone to take calls but nothing else will play through the speakers unless I connect with USB and that only works about 25% of the time. Does anyone out there know if it's possible to replace just the sound system control panel with the upgraded system and still have it integrate with all the cabin control buttons and everything? I would love to be able to listen to podcasts, audiobooks, and music from my phone AND be able to use my car's native functions to their fullest capabilities. Any info would be super helpful. Thanks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-22 08.40.13-1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	8975

You don't need Bluetooth streaming audio....there is an AUX input jack in the CD storage bin. Any audio you can pipe out of your phone can be amplified by the stereo system through an 1/8" phone plug stereo cable. OK, it's not interactive with the steering wheel controls, but that level of control-integration is unrealistic, since the mobile phone has a 2D touch screen interface, and different apps can utilize swipes, hits and gestures any way they wish. Have you tried borrowing audiobooks from the library? Listening is fully supported by Volvo's steering wheel controls.

I don't use the USB interface on my 2013 XC70, as the plug has gone flaky.

That is one suggestion. However, then I have to plug and unplug my phone every time I get in and out of the car. It's minimal, I know, but it get annoying. Also, This kind of interaction is not unreasonable nor unrealistic. My wife has a Ford Focus that does exactly what I'm talking about. And if a Ford can do it...

Quote Originally Posted by kiubezundermann View Post
    That is one suggestion. However, then I have to plug and unplug my phone every time I get in and out of the car. It's minimal, I know, but it get annoying. Also, This kind of interaction is not unreasonable nor unrealistic. My wife has a Ford Focus that does exactly what I'm talking about. And if a Ford can do it...
    You could send your question to Xemodex...they have the most detailed maps of the Volvo software compatibility.