Default My XC is randomly beeping at me

A few days ago the XC began beeping randomly. It's a single short electronic beep. I thought it was the radio, but it continues with the radio off. Is it the instrument cluster? Is there a beep associated with one of the functions of the cluster or the on-board computer? It seems totally random. I can't associate it with anything. Perhaps related, perhaps not, the trip odometer has started randomly resetting itself, too. Any help here?
    Thanks,
    Brett

Mine does that as well usually followed by the trip odometer resetting itself. I also have the racing clock issue so I'd say my DIM is failing. I've looked at Xemodex to replace it but at 240K miles it's not a top priority.

Just a follow up. I've decided to invest a little money on maintenance and see just how many more miles I can get out of the car. Overall it runs well and has no issues or safety concerns that require immediate attention. So I added replacing the DIM to the latest maintenance list that included a gibbons flush, AC ziptie fix, upper and lower radiator hose replacement and a new splash guard. I picked up the DIM, which was previously repaired by Xemodex, off of Ebay for a fair price and I no longer have the racing clock, random beeping or odometer resets that usually accompany the beep.

Thanks for the response. I'm unfamiliar with the Volvo acronyms. Is the DIM the instrument cluster itself or an electronic module that controls the cluster?
    Brett

Sorry out of town with no internet access. DIM is the Drivers Information Module which is basically the instrument cluster. Here's a forum post from Matthews site with good information. Very easy replacement. I lived with the issues for a few years but the they continued to increase in frequency so I decided to replace it before it completely failed.

https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/fo...ic.php?t=47705