Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Update - Indy changed out the ignition switch (transponder) and everything working now.

An interesting work around while waiting for repair - I got by with spraying electronic cleaner in the ignition switch for times it would not start (which was most) and this worked almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Update - Indy changed out the ignition switch (transponder) and everything working now.

An interesting work around while waiting for repair - I got by with spraying electronic cleaner in the ignition switch for times it would not start (which was most) and this worked almost every time.
    I'm having this exact problem. Intermittently the car won't start. FOB pulls in and operates like normal Ejects like normal. Brake lights appear fine. So far I've always been able to get it to start with the old in/out or flip it over, but I'm becoming more concerned. Sounds likely to be the control unit in dash based on this thread.

Reddog, what do you mean by "electronic cleaner". Perhaps I should have a can on hand for now. if you don't mind sharing, what did the repair cost?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12