Hello everyone!

I am a recent new owner of a used 2004 Volvo XC70. So far so good, great car, really dig it.. Obviously with an used car there are some issues and with mine its the headlights and the lights on the center console/ radio/ac controls. The headlights are on all of the time when the car is on, the switch on the left side does not turn them on or off, and it has no effect when pushed. Also the fog lights do not turn on, as one is cracked, however one of them did turn on once. This brings me to the center console, the controls where the radio, ac, heater and so on are. The lights on that unit do not turn on, so at night I am unable to control any of the functions. Now here is the most interesting part of this, after I picked up the car and drove it home, at one point during my 1 hour commute, all of those items DID work. I was able to turn on and off the headlights, and the lights for the center console did light up. I have not been able to replicate this as I have not had to drive the car for more than 30 mins.

I was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction as far as far as how to tackle this electrical gremlin. Thank you!