Default 2003 Volvo XC70 rear exhaust is hanging....Aftermarket hanger available?

putting the winter tires on i noticed the exhaust hanging at the very end, appears the hanger there rusted out near the muffler/tailpipe. I called volvo to see if they sold something but was told there was no replacement part for it but they could retro fit a part from another car for it at a cost of what i could get an aftermarket exhaust system for from the cat back. So i was wondering if there was an aftermarket hanger someone might have found to address this issue. it is the hanger at the very end of exhaust between muffler and tailpipe. Thanks everyone for reading and any help provided.

A bit of 3/8 rod bent to shape and either welded to the tailpipe or clamped on with a exhaust clamp. Any muffler shop or a garage that knows how to weld should be able to help you out. Not a bid deal as it is a fairly common repair.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Does this fit the bill?

I searched using your car’s year and model.

https://www.ipdusa.com/products/6621...amp-awd-models

That was what I was thinking too.
    However, since that hanger is not the one at the tailpipe, I hesitated.
    Last edited by Willy; 03-14-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)

The hanger is integral to the muffler, hence there is no replacement Volvo part. Just get a generic hanger with clamp from your local autoparts store. You're looking for something like this

I had the same problem when I got my car -- Volvo said it would be the price of a new muffler + installation, but they were kind enough to say to try a muffler shop so went to the local Midas and $20 and twenty minutes later drove out with after they welded an arm on the muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    The hanger is integral to the muffler, hence there is no replacement Volvo part. Just get a generic hanger with clamp from your local autoparts store. You're looking for something like this
    This is the part I purchased. Works great. Get 2. Help a friend out!

Quote Originally Posted by sjonnie View Post
    I don't think that because the hanger is integral to the exhaust per defintion means that there isn't a Volvo replacement part.
    The hanger in front of the muffler also suffers from rust, Volvo has a replacement part for that one.
    144 GL (1974)--->244 GL (1982)--->940 GLE 2.3i (1992)--->XC70 2.5T (2004)--->XC90 T5 (2018)