Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Original poster here. So I haven't done anything with the ATF as of right now. I did put a scan tool on her and got codes PO700 and PO705. Sounds like the PO700 is a general code and 705 says "Range Server Circuit (PRNDL input). Any forum wisdom? Oh, I just replaced the shifter assembly also, it was broken and the key Thanks, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daver1100rt View Post
    Original poster here. So I haven't done anything with the ATF as of right now. I did put a scan tool on her and got codes PO700 and PO705. Sounds like the PO700 is a general code and 705 says "Range Server Circuit (PRNDL input). Any forum wisdom? Oh, I just replaced the shifter assembly also, it was broken and the key Thanks, Dave
    I`m guessing here but when you replaced the shifter did you also replace or at least adjust the selector switch on the gearbox? Sounds to me like that switch, which determines what gear you have selected, needs adjusted. Ive done it and its not hard. I just can`t recall the specifics at the moment.

Cheers,

Bill
    Western Head, NS CDN

'08 BMW 750i (Black Sapphire)-204K kms to-date
    '05 XC70 (Lava Sand)-296K kms to-date
    '02 V70XC-gone @393K kms
    '05 V70R (Magic Blue)-120K mi to-date - gone
    '96 854R (Red)-real CDN-spec 5-speed R - gone @270k kms
    And other Volvos and misc. Euro stuff

Bill- No, i didn't do any adjusting, I just replaced the shifter assembly. I have watched a few UTubes and it looks like that PO705 indicates a bad PNP switch. Maybe that's what you're referring to that needs adjustment. A "how to" on adjusting that would be helpful.

The broken shifter did not allow the key to be removed, and subsequently the ignition wouldn't shut off and so the battery went dead. So now that the shifter is back together I think I'm gonna clear the PO700 and PO705 codes and take it for a 50 mile drive and see if they return or if new codes come up.

Maybe I need to replace the PNP, or adjust it, but I wonder (hoping) if the broken shifter is what caused those 2 codes. Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123