Default '03 XC70 window clip issue

I seem to be getting all the aging XC70 issues this year. I lowered the passenger-side window on my XC70 and heard a thunk. When I looked over, the window was tilted forwards away from the rear edge of the door. Once the car was stopped, I was able to maneuver the window back in place by positioning the window by hand and playing with the window switch. It seems to be staying in position for now.

I'm assuming that this is the plastic window clip issue. Is it most commonly just the window clip, or is it likely that the regulator will also need to be replaced?

I just replaced the blower motor a few months ago.

The clips will have to be replaced. Usually the window regulator gets bent or is simply worn out. If you are lucky it will just need new the clips. If bent, you MIGHT be able to bend the regulator back into the correct position. I stopped trying to do that after a few comebacks (people are pissed if it's not fixed the first time) But If it's a DIY project for myself I would certainly try to bend the regulator back!

While you have access inside the door, feel the window track for smoothness. Or better, pull the window out and check it. When this happened to me several times in a row, I finally noticed that the track was slightly damaged. I had to bend it slightly with pliers and smooth it with a file. Hasn't popped off in 6 mo.
    Good news is that the clips are available at Volvo.

You might get away with just new clips. If you force the window with the clips broken you'll most likely bend the regulator and have to swap it for a new one.