Default Possible to get build details from VIN?

Hi all, we have had an early T5 xc90 and it has been great. So great that now it is nearing the end of it's life (300,000kms) we are looking to upgrade.

2012 build D5 R-Design here in Australia. I am having a really hard time identifying what specs are native to this car, before any options.

Is it at all possible to get any build spec details from some kind of VIN lookup? I'm trying to avoid asking a dealer, as it is not a dealer car (private sale).

Is anyone able to offer any advice in regards to normal trim levels? Things like self levelling suspension (has tow ball), active bending lights, heated massage seats?

Can some kind of check give me all the build details I am looking for?

I haven't had a chance to view the car yet, my wife has and she likes it, but I would like to be armed with a bit more info before I go.

Any info appreciated!

I am not aware of any VIN lookup that furnishes all the build choices that went into that vehicle. I got lucky on my last used Volvo, and the documentation included the original window sticker.

But you can figure it out by studying the Volvo sales brochure for the model year before calling up the seller, or going to inspect the car. You'll know what to look for.