Thread: Too quiet here

Default Too quiet here

Nobody is doing overseas delivery these days? Would be a great experience to replace my XC70.

Remember looking into this a few years ago and could find only one dealer in Toronto doing it. Unfortunately, I cannot remember who that was! At the Toronto Autoshow this year, I was chatting to a Volvo corporate guy and he knew nothing about it.

We are picking up a 2020 V60 Cross Country in Sweden in a month. So far the process has been easy. I'll report back after the trip.

Following up on my OSD experience. Ordered a V60 XC in June and it was ready in mid November. The OSD program was great and Volvo did most of the work making arrangements. 2 round trip tickets in upgraded coach (economy plus) made the flight easy. A driver picked us up and dropped us off on both legs of the trip. The Volvo OSD center was welcoming and made you feel important. The factory tour took you through the factory in a short wagon train and lasted about an hour. I could have done that for hours more (unfortunately no photos allowed).

If you like to travel and are buying a new Volvo, this is a no-brainer. We drove our new car around Sweden for about a week. The country and people are very nice. Everyone speaks English so there are no barriers to having a good time. The OSD pricing is about 8% below list price. The only downside is the wait, but you get the exact car you want for a lower price.

It will take about 8 weeks for our "new" car to ship to the west coast.