Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thumbs up New arrival on the way

It appears that Volvo is 'pregnant' the newest arrival is on the way and will be a sister to the XC90 and a cousin of the XC70.

It will have all the appearances of the XC70 but the style of the XC90. The name for this new SUV, XC?0. Maybe it will be called XC60.

Built along the lines of the XC90 it will have three rows of seats, to seat adults with plenty of leg room. The middle row will have two seats with access for the third row or 40/20/40 split with pop up seat for rear access. The head rests will now be adjustable in height. Complete DVD/MP3 and SatNav system with playstation hook-ups in the rear head rests, AWD as standard with all cross country vehicles. The seating will be very similar to what is now used in the V50, ie loads of space underneath.

There will also be the two tone flaring that is currently on the XC70 and some new colours. The usual SIPS, WHIPS, etc as standard on all new Volvos plus a new roll cage protection system to protect the passengers in the event of a roll. BLIS and 4C chasis, ungraded suspension and 18" wheels as standard

A new braking system and new engine (Bi-fuel) & Diesel will also see this car take Volvo to a different level of customer. Larger than the current XC70 (inside) yet smaller than the XC90 on the outside will see Volvo into a new era of Cross Country vehicles.

There will be a greater use of electronics to compensate for driver errors and other uses like Volvo oncall taking a greater role in car management, more use of LED lighting on the rear while still retaining the normal three light cluster on the front.

Release date for this model....... expect it in Europe mid 2005 for on the road sales starting September.

But wait, what do I know, Volvo are keeping very tight lipped about it so don't expect too much in the press about it just yet, this could be something I have made up, including the photo.

is this really true?????

Thumbs up

As I said, everyone is very tight lipped about it, so until we get confirmation, I could be making the whole thing up.

I might be able to post some more photos shortly, so keep looking

Thumbs up I can hide it no longer

I can hide the details no more, it has been announced by Volvo and the following is a release in a press edition from an online motoring paper.

Volvo is planning a full scale assault on the sports utility vehicle market with 4x4 versions of their two most popular models.

The V50 based XC50 and the sporty XC60 will join the existing XC90 in the Swedish stable. And with prices starting at around £20,000, both will rival established premium brands like BMW and Land Rover.

The company says the huge success of the XC90 (pictured) has ensured the new models get top priority. The XC50 should be on sale in 2006, with the XC60 two years later. Both will feature rugged off-road looks and raised ride height.

As the cat is out of the bag I might be able to release some more photographs of it.

Cool They are all at it now

Volvo plans to introduce an all wheel drive XC50 and a compact SUV called the XC60. As a small brother to the XC90, the XC60 comes with 5-cylinder engines and will be sporty. A V8 motor of 4.4 liters developed by Yamaha and which churns out 320hp is being developed for an upmarket version of the XC90. The US market may absorb easily 10,000 to 12,000 units of these V8 powered XC90s and it could replace the 272hp bi-turbo 6 on offer.
    I have lost the photos so bear with me

Default xc50 xc60 pics

can't wait for the first REAL pics

Default XC60 on the road

Here are the first photos of the new XC60, you might notice that it carriers a different badge, this is because somebody else is trying out the car first.

Default And another shot

This looks more like a XC90 than a XC70 replacement

Err, that's the Ford Freestyle.. you sayin Volvo's going to be rebadging that as the XC60?
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Yes, that's right. From the same stable.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast