Default How to track shipping progress of OSD XC70

OSD-experienced folks,

I was wondering if and how one could track the shipment progress of a XC70 that is dropped off in Gothenberg and shipped back to the US. Is there a website or something?

thanks,
    Joel
    (My mother's getting impatient waiting for August)

here is the website that you use.

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/Tool...ules/index.jsp

You need the ship name, port name, or vessel name. Good luck.

Tom

Edited by coastal > removed session id variable so link works.
    Last edited by coastal; 11-19-2004 at 01:13 PM.
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

My car is scheduled for arrival at the Port of Newark on December 9. Every time I try to track it via the link and it says "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered." Does Volvo use different shipping companies? Does the above link only work for OSD vehicles?

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica

The Netherlands, temporarily Stavanger Norway

If you use this link: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

and use the VIN of your car. It should come up with the schedule. or at least with the Voyage nr and then you can check the schedule. (it works for mine, to be deliverd also on december 9th, via Baltimore)

regards

TH

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    My car is scheduled for arrival at the Port of Newark on December 9. Every time I try to track it via the link and it says "No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered." Does Volvo use different shipping companies? Does the above link only work for OSD vehicles?
    LWW: When we dropped ours off in Gothenborg it sat on the docks for two days until it was loaded onto the ship. By the time we'd returned home to MD and I'd caught up on 'HoneyDo's" I was tracking the ship across the Atlantic.

"Tracking" was minimally that my car's VIN was on that ship and the expected dates of arrival into a series of ports along the way. It was enough to keep me excited that for sure... UNTIL it sat on the docks in Baltimore "cealing US customs" for two weeks! That was when being able to track our new XC became frustrating.
    '06 XC90 ORE #770, OSD, Convenience & Climate Packages
    '04 XC70, Ruby Red, Premium and Touring Packages (stock OSD) *with* Spoiler, Winged Cross bars and only room for two car seats! 36k miles and rolling
    '99 Ford Taurus, Blue/Gray, 160k

Quote Originally Posted by 996redhead
    OSD-experienced folks,

I was wondering if and how one could track the shipment progress of a XC70 that is dropped off in Gothenberg and shipped back to the US. Is there a website or something?

thanks,
    Joel
    (My mother's getting impatient waiting for August)

When you dropped your XC at the Volvo Factory Delivery Center they gave you a stack of papers. One of them was the shipping sheet. On it includes all the information you need to track the car across the Atlantic. Even the ships name.
    '06 XC90 ORE #770, OSD, Convenience & Climate Packages
    '04 XC70, Ruby Red, Premium and Touring Packages (stock OSD) *with* Spoiler, Winged Cross bars and only room for two car seats! 36k miles and rolling
    '99 Ford Taurus, Blue/Gray, 160k

Yahoo...Loaded on the Atlantic Companion today.

Two last road trips for the 01 coming up.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica