Thread: What's next???

Lightbulb What's next???

I am in one of my picky modes now and want answers to the following questions (only because I could not be bothered to read the instructions)

I know that since today, sometime??? you can click on the Forums Button and get to the forums page now without seeing all the business about the site being moved etc. That's great

But will there ever be the button on top to click the photos? or am I going to have to go back to the home page each time I want to see the updated gallery?

Nobody seems to have come up with any nice photoshoot for the header???? someone must have a nice shot that Taylor can use!!!

Where are all my old PM's gone from the previous board, I kept them there as a reminder of what and who I had sent them to and my buddy list has disappeared as well

As I said at the top if I had read Taylor's todo list I might be able to answer all these questions but I am too lazy.

BTW, I am glad I was one of the 39 online
    Most users ever online was 39, Today at 11:41 PM.
    history in the making. I don't ever think we had such a high number of visitors on the old board

Someone out there loves the new board.

TAYLOR this one is for you

Cool, and now noticed it jumped to 40 shortly thereafter.

I haven't decided how I'm going to design the interface for the forums. I may keep it lightweight for efficiency purposes, or I might tweak it a bit to better integrate with the site.. we'll see

I wasn't expecting to lose the PM's but c'est la vie... the conversion system for this version of the software was just released a few days ago and I guess there are still a few bugs. I don't think we can expect to get the old ones back unfortunately but if it's any consolation, I don't expect to change software again for a very long time. BTW, you are now given the ability to export your PM's to a local file, nice little feature.

And the photo galleries will eventually be more integrated with the forums, that's the eventual plan.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Thanks for the update Taylor.

One more thing, I have noticed that on a lot of the polls that were imported, there only appears to be one line, is there any way of sorting this out or would you have to generate a new poll and splice the comments underneath it.

It would be a shame to lose some of the polls as I think it would be interesting for newcomers to join in on them.

Ouch, thanks for pointing that out, hadn't noticed this problem.

I can try to repair this problem but the big issue now is that I can only work with the existing database. There's no way to go back and re-import the ikonboard files since the forums are a going concern, ie constantly being updated with new posts. As far as I know, re-importing the database would result in the loss of any new posts since we left ikonboard. And we can't import just specific information either.

I'll let you know, or you'll see the results, if I manage to find a solution
    Paddle Surf Canada

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Thumbs up

Wow! Just checked out the number of active users online today. Is this for real?

Most users ever online was 118, Today at 05:22 AM

Default 118 users

Yea, Taylor got all his family to log on at once I would like to know, if it is for real how many were members and what the hell were they all looking at.

At 5:22 AM PST? Not a chance!

Didn't see a huge jump in traffic yesterday so must have been simply everyone converging on the forums at the same time in addition to probably a couple of users with very dynamic IP addresses which can sometimes artificially inflate the users online total. That's my guess at least
    Paddle Surf Canada