Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Imported post

Just wanted everyone to share our excitement at finally getting our tickets for Sweden.

Four weeks and 5 days to go...

Tom

Default Imported post

I'm so happy for you. I hope this will be the trip of a lifetime.

We're anxiously awaiting your arrival in NC.

Safe journey!!

Default Imported post

So just think of it this way, the amount of time it is till you GO to Sweden is the same amount of time you will be over there. Anyways, now it get exciting cause you know you have the tickets and want to use them. Like I have said before, it will go by too fast. Just enjoy every minute of it. Waiting is the hardest part though. I look everyday at the Tracking website to see if there is anything different and now we just wait till it gets to Baltimore, MD where it gets on a truck to get here. Very Very hard.  Here is the tracking info on my car:

Port  Country                     Arrival           Departure  
    BREMERHAVEN  GERMANY     04/11/2003    05/11/2003  
    GOTHENBURG  SWEDEN        06/11/2003    08/11/2003  
    ZEEBRUGGE  BELGIUM          10/11/2003    10/11/2003  
    SOUTHAMPTON  UK             11/11/2003    11/11/2003  
    HALIFAX, NS  CANADA         19/11/2003    19/11/2003  
    NEW YORK, NY  U.S.A.         21/11/2003    21/11/2003  
    BALTIMORE, MD  U.S.A.        24/11/2003    25/11/2003  

So probabily will not be in Minnesota till around the 10th of December.  Just hope it doesn't snow till after we get it and I can get a "clear bra" put on it.  We shall see.  

2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

Default Imported post

Let me know the cost of that "clear bra" and please post a couple pics so we can see if we like it, I remember seeing one a while back...

Tom

Default Imported post

I have been quoted around 500 dollars but remember, I have a regular V70 AWD so I have to cover the whole front end compaired to the XC70 which already has the plastic front.  The hood on the XC70 shouldn't be too much I would think.
    2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

Default Imported post

Well, we now have all papers signed, we have an actual VIN Number (wife isn't nearly as excited about that one as I am), and now play the "waiting game" just like everyone else did.

Safe motoring all,  

Tom & Jenny

Default Imported post

We are now down to two weeks left before delivery time (December 18th).

Any last minute advise??

Tom

Default Imported post

Spudracer, did you get your ticket in advance for the Bridge and boat ride.  Just curious.  From what I have been reading in the threads, have about 100+ Euro ready for the fair costs before reaching Germany.  If you're near Kaiserslautern Military Community, stop bye, we'll down some Gluwein at a Christmas Weinachtung fest.  Hobby

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Spudracer, did you get your ticket in advance for the Bridge and boat ride. &nbsp;Just curious. &nbsp;From what I have been reading in the threads, have about 100+ Euro ready for the fair costs before reaching Germany. &nbsp;If you&#39;re near Kaiserslautern Military Community, stop bye, we&#39;ll down some Gluwein at a Christmas Weinachtung fest. &nbsp;Hobby[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

We&#39;re planning to drive across The Os____ Bridge, not take the ferry. &nbsp;Should we buy tickets in advance?&#33;

We&#39;re looking forward to downing some Gluwein, whatever that is...

Tom

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpudRacer @ Dec. 04 2003,21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We&#39;re planning to drive across The Os____ Bridge, not take the ferry. Should we buy tickets in advance?&#33;

We&#39;re looking forward to downing some Gluwein, whatever that is...

Tom[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    No you do not need to buy tickets in advance for the Oeresundsbron bridge. &nbsp;There are toll booth only on the Sweden side and you pay there. &nbsp;When we went over it there was a &quot;weekend pass&quot; rate that we got since we went over and back on a sunday. &nbsp;Since you will not be doing that, you will have to pay alittle more since you will not be doing it over a weekend. &nbsp;I believe you just go to the Cash/Card lane. &nbsp;You shouldn&#39;t have a problem.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast