Default Imported post

Two weeks from today we pick up our new XC. Right now we are much more excited about the trip than getting a new car. That will change I am sure when the trip is over and we begin the wait for the car that took us to so many great places to follow us home.

I have a couple of questions. There was a tread a short while ago about the self dimming mirrows. Barry and several others recommended getting the software changed to max dimming. Does anyone recommend not doing this? Since there weren't any voices against before I will be getting this done a FDC.

There have been mentions of getting the cars VIN number from Volvo before leaving to pickup the car. I haven't got mine yet, should I start to fret yet?

Thanks again for all of the help and imput.

Paul
    '04 XC70, June OSD pick up, Crystal Grn, Taupe

Default Imported post

You should have your VIN by now and if not then talk with your Sales person or call Jason Borsh. It's important you have your VIN as this will be your only real means to verify you are delivered the correct car at FDC -- and be sure to check the VIN at FDC -- Hans told me mistakes have been made before -- so check it OK.

Have a really great trip.

My XC70 should be delivered to my dealership tomorrow or the nxt -- hope hope hope    
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Congrats Paul... that increases the NorCal OSD contigent and the XC population ever so more.

That last 2 weeks is painfully hard isn't it?  It was for me....

No opinion of the mirror... its a non-issue to me.  Your a Californian and a Volvo driver---- neither ever LOOK at the mirrors anyway!      
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

Have a wonderful trip Paul, you should be hitting one of the best times to be in Scandinavia. The wild flowers should be spectacular.

The wait is hard before you go but even worst when you come home not knowing exactly when you will get your car. I am still waiting and mine arrived in Port Hueneme on May 1st. Hopefully I will pick it up tonight.  As for dimming mirror, I opted to not get the auto dimming mirror since I never dim my mirror now, so I can't give any advice.  

Kersti
    '08 Oyster Gray XC70 DSTC Front/Rear Park Assist, Rear 12V.

Default Imported post

Paul,

I am not in my office right now but will be later today.  Please check your email this evening and you will have your VIN number.  Enjoy your trip.  Thanks again.

William
    Go on a Journey for Life...
    " See Europe by Volvo "
    Click to take the first step

Default Imported post

Well since you asked for discention.  My windows are not tinted and I cannot imagine having a darker review mirror.  I don't know how I'd see out the back if it were any darker.  I think it's almost too dark as stock.  Seeing police cars behind you at night is difficult.  You cannot see the colors of the light bar plastic being lit up by cars behind it.  Small point perhaps, but I definitely would not want mine darker.

2005 XC70 Barents Blue & Taupe leather, deliv. 12/04, built 11/04
    Prem / Conv / Climate / DSTC / NAV / 650 / Sirius / 60/40 / 3rd Row / Boosters / Thule / Weathertech mats / Mud Flaps / 46% Tint / Nokian WR SUVs

serviced by Red Bank Volvo, NJ & Volvo Westport, CT
    2001 V70XC~someone else's problem vehicle now
    VolvoClub ofAmerica