Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thumbs up Imported post

Well today I see that the ship ISOLDE should have arrived/birthed at Port Hueneme, CA after being at sea for some 24 days.

OSDers such as kersti and Low Tide should be happy at the thought that their XC70s are but a few days away from being picked up

My boat Jinsei Maru is due to birth at Port Huememe on May 10th and it would be ironic if I get my car before Low Tide does  
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

I am pounding my head into a huge tree as we speak... boy, I hope your not right barry.

The way I see it, At least the fact that more cars have to be shipped north on the truck- Automonkey will surely get his soon.... (boy...that's the slow boat!  The terrier- yip! yip&#33

Heaven forbid that they wait for the baz-mobile car before sending the HMS Automonkey and mine north....... AND even if they did, the fact that we are "south of WAAASHington" means that we'll get ours before SHARP gets his!    

BUT...then again, there are a couple of people- ie peter24 and kersti to name the first two... that are closer to Ventura than we are.... and I bet they are laughing at all this banter.

Peter- got your binoculars out?  Cell phone connected laptop at the port?  Who else is on this group of boats?
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

Low:

I considered going down there to see if the ship really came in.  According to 2wglobal.com it still is not berthed yet! That is making me a little nervous.  Did it sink?  I seem to remember some banter between you and Barry about the fact that one or another ship was not going to Washington.  I have noticed now that the ISOLDE is continuing to Washington arriving on 5 May.  Isnt this a change?

Peter

Default Imported post

GO- NOW!!!!  TAKE PHOTOS... my plate starts with T, ends with 1.  Ash Gold.   You are close aren't you?  

I see what you see... scares me too, the port is very small.... maybe it collided with a bunch of Bananas.  

The Washington part of the voyage WAS pre-scheduled.  Barry's beast is on a ship that stops at Ventura.   The Terrier (Auto-monkey's boat) you will notice made the Tacoma leg and then to Japan also- just like the Isolde.  I am equally interested in the transport up here....  damn it!  Automonkey's wait is disturbing to me, and its not my car.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

Oh -- this is too much to bear. Low Tide's XC70 will be diverted to Port Tacoma, WA and will have to wait there for my Volvo truck's return journey after dropping my XC70 off in Seattle.

Oh Oh -- just read your post Low Tide and I really really really hope your XC70 isn't somehow diverted to Japan. The Japanese really like Volvos and will I'm sure upgrade it with very fancy trim work for you. If I were you I call Jason and pull his chain -- JUST kidding now. Oh this is much fun as you've ribbed me too many times -- my turn now -- and I hope I don't have to eat my words as my boat is still on the high seas!

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son

Default Imported post

Boys, boys, calm down.   I am sure you have already tracked your car -- if not, here is the sequence to use:

1. Use you car VIN on www.2wglobal.com to check if it has gotten past customs (when the enrty DELIVERED FROM appears, see below).   My entry looked like this:

-------------------------------------------------
    Cargo Status History  

Cargo Id:  YV1SZ59H3******** (deleted)  
    Booking Number:  SEGOT118441  Bill Number:  SE109502  
    Vessel:  TAKASAGO  Port of Origin:  GOTHENBURG  
    Voyage:  EA309-TKO      Port of Destination:  BRUNSWICK, GA  
    Priority:   Customer Ref. Number:  
    Status  Port  Time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm)  
    DELIVERED FROM  BRUNSWICK, GA  21/03/2003 07:38  
    DISCHARGED  BRUNSWICK, GA  20/03/2003 18:20  
    LOADED ON VESSEL  GOTHENBURG  03/03/2003 00:00  
    RECEIVED AT TERMINAL  GOTHENBURG  02/03/2003 07:46  
    BOOKED  GOTHENBURG  26/02/2003 13:10  

----------------------------------------------------

2. Hans/Leif should have given you informatoin about your customs handler.  Give them a call.  Sometimes it takes a while for a load (on the truck) to be built, i.e., there might not be enough number of cars going your way.   They should also tell you whether a load has been built.

3. If the truck is on its way then start scanning all traffic information in Northern CA./Oregon/WA areas as appropriate

Purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

I have bad news.  I called Wallenius & Wilhelmsen at Port Hueneme.  The boat did not sink but it will not arrive today.  They say it will come tomorrow.  I questioned them about the website saying today.  She just kept saying that it wont come till tomorrow.  Usually, she says they come in about 8:00 am.  I think I recall the ship left one of its ports a day late so maybe that is why it is late getting here.  

Peter

Default Imported post

Thanks Peter,
    Saves me from checking the website every hour.

Kersti
    '08 Oyster Gray XC70 DSTC Front/Rear Park Assist, Rear 12V.

Default Imported post

Kersti:

I guess they really mean the disclaimer they have on the website that states that "sailing schedules are subject to change without notice".  I was checking the website regularly expecting that any minute they would show the Isolde in port.  

Peter

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Low Tide @ May 01 2003,11:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">GO- NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; TAKE PHOTOS... my plate starts with T, ends with 1. Ash Gold. You are close aren&#39;t you?

I see what you see... scares me too, the port is very small.... maybe it collided with a bunch of Bananas.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    ISOLDE = I sold it &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

Incidentally, why is &quot;bananas&quot; such a funny word ?

i.e., as in &quot;I&#39;ve gone Bananas&quot;

Is it the funny unique shape maybe ? Maybe it&#39;s associated with monkeys in a zoo being a funny sight -- Hey AutoMonkey
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast