Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Imported post

automonkey--which dealer did you buy from in the bay area?
    '04XC Prem PKG, Touring PKG, AudioMax, Subwoofer, DSTC, Xenon Lights, Motion Sensor, Xenia, Booster seats, Load Bar, 12V Cargo

Default Imported post

Now now boys -- calm down -- all WILL work out -- no boats have sunk yet      

Maybe at this rate I'll be getting my car before you lot  My understanding is that those that wanted the WSW and didn't get it are put at the head of the queue and their cars are expressed trucked to the dealership.

AM: I hope your wait is short lived.

LT: Your insurance company just wants the extra revenue

You two are starting to unnerve me and I'm trying to stay calm. My wife is a bit ticked off as she leaves for UK on May 17th and the XC70 is due to arrive May 19th. So her wait will be even longer now.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

AM-

When did your customs broker call?  Just curious about your process.  The boat arrived on 4/17 correct?  You should have had it by the 25th- was that what was scheduled?  When did it leave the port?  Have you called the customs broker to find out the deal?  Is Marin Volvo (your dealer right?) involved?  Was there something that the salesguys were supposed to do that did not get done because your "ace" at Marin was no longer there?

Thanks.  Curious and feeling your pain.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

AutoMonkey,

I'm sure your car will arrive. And while I know waiting can be a pain I'll tell you what I tell my kids - "good things come to those who wait" And that comment is from the most impatient guy I know - ME!

Anyway, the reason for this post is to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed your OSD pics. I had looked them not too long after you posted them, but I just revisted them. Your two pictures of Fjällbacka harbor are outstanding photographs and you should consider putting them into the SONY ImageStation.com "photo of the day" contest. Of course, to do that, you would have to hop over to their site, join up, upload the pics and then submit them to the contest.

Great job! and thanks for sharing....

ciao! gary
    Cheers, Gary

2022 XC60 B5/Black
    2021 XC60 T5/ Osmium Gray (Wife's)
    2017 XC60 T6/ Bright Silver (Loaned to my Son)
    2015.5 XC70/Silver (Loaned to my Daughter)

2007 XC70/Rubyred (RIP)
    2003 XC70/Platinum Green (RIP)
    2001 V70/White (RIP)

Default Imported post

LowTide: I received notification from the customs broker sometime last week (don't know eactly, I was out of town). The car arrived at Port Hueneme early in the month (4/16?) My info from the FDC indicated an estimated delivery date of 4/25.

I really don't think the dealer is at fault, and I don't think the fact that my salesguy left was any factor in this. I think they still have all my paperwork. From the brief conversation I had with the dealer yesterday, my understanding is that they wait until there's a trailer fiull of cars before heading off to specific dealerships/areas. I have every expectation that it'll be here within a few days.

Gary: thanks for the kind words! It's great to know that people look at and appreciate the pics. I was in two minds about posting those that don't actually feature a Volvo, but figured that they might be a usefeul guide for anyone trying to decide where to go when they travel to Sweden to pick up their car.

AM

2003 Platinum Green XC70, OSD March 2003

Default Imported post

Thats weird.  Maybe when it arrived at the dealership, stain walked in and proposed the following deal and they said "SOLD", forgetting of course it was yours:

-  900   (was one day ( !!! ) late to secure 2003 price)
    -1000   (maybe more, for a third air ticket for the kid)
    -  100   (Mutli-entry Visa to Sweden and Europe)
    -2500   (Volvo incentive for remaining 2003 models)
    -2000   (dealer's discount of MSRP)
    -4000   (4.5% APR)
    + 100   (paint)
    +3070  (MSRP - OSD)

- 300   (approx. more used tax on losses above, interest excluded)
    =====
    -7630  (of total losses)

Default Imported post

It's here! My new XC was delivered to the dealer on April 30 and I picked it up today (May 2). Delivery process was extraordinarily straightforward, and probably took all of 1 minute to complete: basically, they just confirmed that the VIN on their docs matched the VIN on my docs and away we went. We did a fairly cursory inspection due to the bad weather, but confirmed that there were no scratches or dings from transit.

My wife got to drive it home, and enjoyed it despite the fact that the weather was miserable. (Finally got to test the rainsensor though! )

I guess I'm not quite free and clear yet, as I still have to deal with the (cue ominous music) California Department of Motor Vehicles. However, I think this concludes AutoMonkey's OSD adventure...

AM

Default Imported post

AM:

Congrats on your new auto arriving safe and sound. You stayed the course

I'm curious to know the number of days from placing your $2000 deposit to May 2nd.

I hope within next two weeks most of the March OSDers will have their cars on hand. Mine is due into port May 10th and then has to be trucked up to just north of Seattle.

Any chance you'll make it to the Vancouver meet in June ? We could then confuse ourselves by placing our Palt Green XC70s next to each other

Enjoy your new wheels.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Barry (and anyone else who's interested):

- Placed $2000 deposit Jan 27th
    - Paid balance mid-February (don't recall exactly)
    - Delivery in Gothenburg March 14th
    - Arrived in US 17th April
    - Arrived at my dealer 30th April
    - Picked up by me 2nd May

Best of luck to all others from the OSD Class of 03/03 - it's worth the wait!

AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123