Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

If I were you, and Volvo was not going to accept liability, I'd drop it. From their standpoint, it was not installed on the car during manufacturing and at this point, they are not willing to allow a change that may jeopardize the car. That's their right to discontinued or disallow an accessory at any time. Its in the contract for OSD as a matter of fact.

In hindsight, I imagine that the discussions over the steering wheel by your dealership, Jason, the forum, the FDC, the factory, and the Volvo workshop have only complicated the matter politically. It's too bad fromyour standpoint, but I understand Volvo's determination and the rationale that they have likely used to arrive at their position.

In the end, not having a wood steering wheel does not affect the car in any way. Although I understand your wife's issue- even she is willing to overlook it. The larger diameter may in fact be better in the long run once she gets used to the surface area. Hang in there Barry, you can ask nicely at the FDC, but it will likely delay your adventure and/or piss them off.

Alternately- you can always buy a steering wheel and hang it around your neck on a chain!!!  
    Hang in there Baz.        

Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

Low Tide wrote:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I were you, and Volvo was not going to accept liability, I&#39;d drop it. From their standpoint, it was not installed on the car during manufacturing and at this point, they are not willing to allow a change that may jeopardize the car. That&#39;s their right to discontinued or disallow an accessory at any time. Its in the contract for OSD as a matter of fact.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes, and I fully accept the liability rationale and the fact that being very open or too upfront to &#39;all&#39; about my intentions has quite likely hindered me in securing the wood wheel. Nonetheless, I wouldn&#39;t have it any other way. On top of all this I&#39;ve had the full support of my Volvo dealership in pursuing the wood wheel, and that has certainly helped me reach closure -- well almost

Low Tide wrote:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Alternately- you can always buy a steering wheel and hang it around your neck on a chain&#33;&#33;&#33; [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yes I could -- and I suspect at this point FDC would or are planning to do just that when I turn up. As I believe FDC reads this forum as a Guest I should keep my inner most thoughts to myself at this point.

My unmarried 35 year old son will be with me and he is a charmer and quite used to dealing with difficult eyeball-to-eyeball situations coming from the movie film and video entertainment business -- so maybe he&#39;ll come to his Dad&#39;s aid -- so FDC has been and is forewarned. (I&#39;m joking OK).

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barrysharp @ Mar. 07 2003,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, and I fully accept the liability rationale and the fact that being very open or too upfront to &#39;all&#39; about my intentions has quite likely hindered me in securing the wood wheel. Nonetheless, I wouldn&#39;t have it any other way. On top of all this I&#39;ve had the full support of my Volvo dealership in pursuing the wood wheel, and that has certainly helped me reach closure -- well almost

Yes I could -- and I suspect at this point FDC would or are planning to do just that when I turn up. As I believe FDC reads this forum as a Guest I should keep my inner most thoughts to myself at this point. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Best wishes, Barry. &nbsp; &nbsp;I do hope you get your wood wheel. &nbsp;

Purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12