Unhappy Imported post

Hi All:

I'm sure as people go through the OverSeas Delivery (OSD) program many questions arise. These questions sometimes aren't answered by local sale person or maybe the answer doesn't jibe with other peoples experiences etc. I thought I'd post this as a thread for such questions.

At this point both Kersti and myself are purchasing our XC70 using the OSD program.

1. Can other OSD people say if options such as the rear tow hitch is installed at the factory or at the local dealer when car shipped back to USA ?

2. Can other OSD people say if options such as the Rear Spoiler is painted and installed at the factory?

3. In general, what does factory install and what does local dealer install?

I'm going to try to pin down my local sale person on these issues today and will post back what he says. Maybe others can provide a sanity check for me.

Regards... Barry Sharp
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Hello Barry

I used OSD also, a great experience overall! I just asked for the hitch as an option and it was already installed when we picked up the car. We did have a short in the electrical plug that comes with the hitch. Since the hitch was factory installed, there was no question about who covered the repairs.

Buzz

Default Imported post

Hi:

Just checked with my dealer about OSD purcahse and he assures me that everything that is ordered WILL be installed at the factory and ready for my use when I pickup the car in Goteborg. He said all of his OSD customers have never experienced anything less.

In fact, having options installed on the car in this OSD program is less expensive than ordering parts and having them installed at the local Volvo dealership. When you order via OSD there's a special price list for each of the options/accessories which presumably provides a lower price compared to ordering/installing thru local dealership.

Another benefit with OSD is that all options/accessories ordered carry the full 50,000/4yr warranty along with the basic car.

Regards... Barry
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Cool Imported post

The sales manager at my place did say factory installed did give you the full factory warranty, so I am a little surprised that the guy writing up the OSD kept saying that it has to be done at the dealer. I am getting mixed messages, so thanks again Barry for helping me out.

Kersti
    '08 Oyster Gray XC70 DSTC Front/Rear Park Assist, Rear 12V.

Default Imported post

our osd experience was great!  i comparative shopped accessories and options at dealers all around the country before making the decision to have the rear cooler installed at factory delivery.  prices are cheaper at factory delivery than anywhere i priced stateside (north carolina, colorado, texas, alabama,california).  i do not believe the "factory" installs at the fdc (factory delivery center).  i believe they have another shop to add accessories between fdc and factory.  anyway, we got the rear center cooler and had a troublefree experience.  see the whole story @ www.virtualtourist.com  homepage=RichardBlaine.
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD