Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

where was your volvo assembled?  i believe the 40's and some 60's are made in ghent, be.  the c70's are made in udevalla, se and the xc's & 80's are made in gothenborg, se.  as was noted above, the new car sticker on your car will tell you exactly where.  of course, there is an asian assembly plant and formerly a canadian plant?
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Default Imported post

I didn't know there was an Asian factory but there was one in Canada and one also in Portugal, I believe.

My last Volvo was made in Gent, and in addition to the cars you mention the V70's are made there too.
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

On Lake Vermilion near Cook Minnesota.  100 miles north of Duluth

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rkestner @ Feb. 11 2003,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where was your volvo assembled? i believe the 40&#39;s and some 60&#39;s are made in ghent, be. the c70&#39;s are made in udevalla, se and the xc&#39;s &amp; 80&#39;s are made in gothenborg, se. as was noted above, the new car sticker on your car will tell you exactly where. of course, there is an asian assembly plant and formerly a canadian plant?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I checked with the dealer and my &#39;03 XC70 has a vin number now so it has been assembled during the week of Feb 3-7. &nbsp;The vin number would indicate it was assembled in Torslanda Sweden, aren&#39;t all XC70&#39;s now assembled there? &nbsp;At any rate the delivery date of March 12th still shows. &nbsp;I am 240 miles from the dealership so it will take a day to get there but that is fine since he has to install an engine block heater any prepare the car for delivery anyway. &nbsp;Just waiting for that call&#33;

Default Imported post

Our 2003 should be in the Baltimore harbor today. &nbsp;Assuming that the weather will allow them to begin transport, it should arrive at the dealer 3/6/03, six days earlier than the projected delivery date when I ordered it.

Default Imported post

&nbsp; Great Monday. &nbsp;I just rec&#39;d a call from the dealer and our vehicle has come in. &nbsp;Ordered on January 9th with a projected delivery of March 12th which was changed to March 6th and then rescheduled for March 11th. &nbsp;I suspect east coast weather may have impacted things. &nbsp;At any rate it is at the dealership in Minneapolis today, March 10th. &nbsp;Due to other commitments I won&#39;t be able to pick it up until the 12th. &nbsp;Probably have trouble sleeping for a couple of nights.

Default Imported post

You lucky devil -- now don&#39;t go breaking the new toy
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

This will be the end of my yacking. &nbsp; &nbsp; I picked up the XC70 and drove it back here (240 miles) yesterday. &nbsp;What a dream. &nbsp;Because the roads are beginning to have spring frost heaves, I encountered some in poor condition but the ride remained very comfortable. &nbsp;I live at the end of a one mile private road. &nbsp;The beginning of that road is a steep hill which is covered with compacted and slippery snow. &nbsp;I started up the hill and then accelerated and the vehicle went up straight as an arrow without noticeable slipping. &nbsp;My previous Buick Park Avenue would have just started slipping and then sliding backwords. &nbsp;I like the information I have gathered from this forum. &nbsp;Thanks and safe driving everyone. &nbsp;

Default Imported post

It seems like the wait for a xc70 becomes longer and longer.
    Iīve just had a talk with my dealer here in Sweden and he told me that if I ordered a xc70 the wait would be app. 5 to 6 months
    And, he told me, It is because the xc90 is such a success. They canīt manufacture enough Haldex-parts for all of Volvos 4-wheel driven cars.
    If I ordered an ordinary frontweeldriven Volvo I could have it in 8 to 10 weeks.
    Has anyone ordered a xc70 the past weeks ?
    Is the wait the same all over the wourld ?
    XC 70 2,5 -04, silver, summer: Momo with Michelin 235/50-18", winter: Oxigin with Nokian 235/50-18" with SPIKES,

Default Imported post

Mikael:

If you read post My 2004 changes in print at dealers and review member <span style='color:red'>xcrubygal&#39;s</span> postings you might be able to glean some MY2004 order timelines for USA deliveries.

Hope that helps.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12