Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    On Lake Vermilion near Cook Minnesota.  100 miles north of Duluth

Default Imported post

On 1/9/03 I order an Ash Gold 2003 XC70 with Premium and Touring packages plus DSTC system. Computer print out from Volvo shows dealer delivery of March 12, 2003. Are these projections accurate in the "real world"?

Default Imported post

In November I ordered a 2003 XC. Delivery date was determined to be 1/4/03. The vehicle arrived at the dealership 1/3/03. I took delivery a few days later after dealer prep and my add ons. Of course if another 'Floating Parking Lot' sinks, all bets are off! -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Default Imported post

I ordered my car in summer 2002, as soon as I knew the diesel model was announced.
    The dealer told i would have waited till october.
    In the first days of october i phoned and they told me i should have waited till november 15, because there was some delay in car production.

On october 22 the dealer called me, the car was ready!
    i took it on the 29.
    later the dealer told me that they early call for the delay was only a joke to make the customer happy for having the car some days before!!
    Not so sure this works well, but I've been happy for the punctuality.
    XC70 D5 MY2003

Default Imported post

From what I have experienced, the Swedish... and that includes Volvo factory employees... would be extremely offended by the notion that their products are delivered late- like most of Scandanavia's wonderful culture attributes, promptness is a near-holy trait. If its scheduled, its delivered. On time. Period. ...Except if the boat goes down...

Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Low Tide @ Jan. 24 2003,17:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From what I have experienced, the Swedish... and that includes Volvo factory employees... would be extremely offended by the notion that their products are delivered late- like most of Scandanavia&#39;s wonderful culture attributes, promptness is a near-holy trait. If its scheduled, its delivered. On time. Period. ...Except if the boat goes down... [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I was told that my car would be built by Jan 25th. &nbsp;Now I hear that it will not be built until Feb 8th, though they do promise to keep the delivery date of Feb 25th. &nbsp; &nbsp;I wonder if it says anything about the Swedish punctuality. &nbsp; A mitigating factor might be that XC70 are actually assembled in a plant located in Ghent, Belgium (according to Edmunds)
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

The OSD XC70 are built next door in the factory, along with s60, s80, xc90. &nbsp;I believe the c70 and v40 are built in ghent. &nbsp;Can&#39;t remember everything from the tour.

Default Imported post

add the s40 to the Ghent list. &nbsp;I asked my dealer about the reference to Ghent... and was told that &quot;I&#39;m sure you&#39;ve noticed the other mistakes in those reviews...&quot; &nbsp; &nbsp;Indeed, the XC70 and XC90 for sure are both produced next door to the FDC. &nbsp;Just take a look at your origin sticker.
    Current Volvos

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chuck R @ Jan. 24 2003,04:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On 1/9/03 I order an Ash Gold 2003 XC70 with Premium and Touring packages plus DSTC system. Computer print out from Volvo shows dealer delivery of March 12, 2003. Are these projections accurate in the &quot;real world&quot;?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Chuck, I ordered my Ash Gold 2004? XC70 (no DSTC though..) one week later than you (1/17/03). Got a computer print out saying w12 (17-23 of March). So far so good...

However my order confirmation says w23 and a phone call to Gothenburg returned a date in between (w18).

Also posts in this forum indicate MY2004 will not begin until April.

Are you sure you will get a 2003?

However, Stockholm Sweden is far closer to Gothenburg than Minnesota, he he...
    '07 Volvo XC70 D5 Geartronic
    Electric silver, Black leather
    Xenia wheels, Rear tinted windows
    Bi-Xenon and more...
    ----------------------------------
    '04 Volvo XC70 2.5T Geartronic
    Ash Gold Metallic

On Lake Vermilion near Cook Minnesota.  100 miles north of Duluth

Default Imported post

Very interesting indeed. &nbsp;Yes, my order is for a 2003 model although the dealer said that Volvo was just about at the cutoff for 2003&#39;s. &nbsp;He had one open on his allocation list and put mine down in place of a model he had ordered for inventory that had not been finalized yet. &nbsp;Looks like my date is pretty close then. &nbsp;I am looking forward to it. &nbsp;The last time I ordered a vehicle I said, &quot;never again, too hard waiting&quot; but here I am waiting again. &nbsp; Thanks for the information everyone.

Default Imported post

MatsJoha,

That sounds about right for your w18 delivery. Mine is w12, on schedule, its a 03. You are likely to have one of the earliest 04&#39;s and pushing the date back would account for that fact. We here in North America will see them a couple of months after you guys- that fits with the dealer info here too. You probably saw my post about the 03&#39;s in production until the last week of March..... seen anything to confirm this?

Chuck,

Waiting is a pain indeed. &nbsp;It&#39;s my guess that the 03 your waiting for is being built right now... maybe completed? &nbsp;You should ask. &nbsp;My Dec 19th order, confirmed on the 4 Jan, build date was scheduled for the 17 Feb- heard it was completed on Jan 20th, pickup is not until 17 March.

Current Volvos

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast