Wink Imported post

We ordered our XC90 via OSD in late May and our delivery date is early Oct:

1. A number of people in this forum and swedespeed have ordered theirs in June/July and their delivery dates are in Sept.

2. We won't get our VIN 'til late Sept. (2 weeks from delivery date) and others get their VIN one month or more before the delivery date.

We want to join this game:

- What is the trick to get bumped up and have an earlier delivery date?

- How long does it take from delivery date (in Gothenburg) to US port in the West Coast? Maybe it's 500 years for us and one month for those who ordered later than we did?

Default Imported post

Call the FDC direct in Sweden and ask for earlier date.  They are excellent to deal with.  The boat from Gothenborg to Port Hueneme takes 24 to 25 days and then 3 to 7 days to dealer.  I hit it wrong in Sweden because the factory closes the 2nd week of July for 5 weeks so it is taking about 2&1/2 months to get my car.  Still it is worth it.  July was only time I could get off and the weather was beautiful and the experience is wonderful.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

Is it possible that the people who are getting fast turnaround are ordering from the list of pre-made (or, more accurately, pre-scheduled-to-be-made) cars? I ordered one of these back at the end of January and picked up mid-March...

AM
    2003 Platinum Green XC70, OSD March 2003

Default Imported post

XC 90 deliveries not as quick as XC 70 that may be your answer.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

No, the bumped-up delivery dates were XC90s (not any other model). And yes, XC90s take longer. My point was there have been a number of people who ordered it after us via OSD and their delivery dates were before ours. We ordered the basic vehicle with premium pkg (no 7-seater stuff).