Default Imported post

I was told that I had to wait for the car to get back to the US and it would be done at the dealership.  But I read on this forum how some people are getting it done as part of the options they are oredering for their OSD order?  Can someone tell me what I need to do?  Is this available in the US?

Thanks.

Default Imported post

You can order the rear spoiler via OSD. I did. If you still have time it can be added by asking your sales person to add it or if that's a problem then call Jason Borsh (search for his name in this forum to get Tel #).

I also suspect it can be added when you get to FDC when you pickup or drop off your car failing doing via the OSD ordering process.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Thanks Barry  

I spoke with my sales guy and he said he spoke with Jason, who cant find the right code for it in the computer (for an 04).

So we'l see what I hear back.

Default Imported post

I spoke with my salesman and the wing has been added!

(I also been told I've been locked in so I can pick it up by the end of July.)

Default Imported post

Does Spoiler serve a purpose or for "spiffing up" the car?
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

The spoiler might actually help to keep dirt off of the rear window - it has basically the same function as all of those spoilers you see on minivans and SUV's (as if they're for lowering the already 4000+ lb beasts at "high speeds" on american roads). It diverts dust, dirt, and everything else away from the rear window.
    V70 2.5T Titanium Grey Metallic. Lthr + Climate pkg + Geartronic + Nav + Wood Steering

1600 Miles Gothenburg > Stockholm > Copenhagen > Cologne > Brussels > Bruges > Amsterdam

Default Imported post

Most functioning wings dont really "work" until above 60mph.

I am doing it mostly for looks since I think it makes a great looking car look even better.  

I find the top trailing back to suddenly stop when viewed from the side.  I think the wing extends this line further and also finsihes off the lines at the top better since the wing tapers backward toward a single point..... which I think looks right for this car.

It does look even better for the v70 wagon but it still works for this car since the basic lines are the same.  Infact I noticed the rear wing is now listed as being for both the V70 and XC70 in the 2004 parts catalouge.

Default Imported post

The spoiler probably is far more cosmetic than being functional wrt keeping rear screen cleaner and/or lower car's Cd (drag coefficient) at normal driving speeds. If this were not so I believe Volvo would be the first to tout its functional specs in a brochure.

I personally like the spoiler and in my case decided to splurge as I intend to keep the car until it no longer runs reliably -- many years (15->20 plus). If I were to be expecting only say 3 years of ownership I would not buy it because at nearly $400 it would appear to me as a bad investment at about $125/year. Over 20 years it's much better at around $20/year -- that I can enjoy

The spoiler probably in most cases adds nothing to resale so whatever you spend you must/should assume is gone at time of re-sale.

If it looks good to you, is important to you and you're planning on keeping car for a while then go for it -- I did -- Of course there's no sin in splurging either

I believe the root cause for people shunning the rear spoiler is its price of $375. When they compare $375 with everything else that $375 can buy they either opt to buy other things of more practical value or keep the money in their pocket. The spoiler is very much a 'personal' thing of style and looks. In Europe I notice many more Volvos have the rear spoiler installed and I believe this is so because the Europeans are more style conscious than people in USA. My $0.02 worth

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

The funny thing is the spoiler is cheap compared to how much other cars charge for a wing!