Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Imported post

The Volvo finance specials have NEVER been an option for OSD. Everything is cash only or outside financing.

$900 increase more than covers the complimentary service and, if I am not mistaken, a couple of things have been added in options packages that make the price change a wash.

By all accounts, there still IS a difference- remains b/w 8-12 percent off retail depending upon your configuration, location and model. Needless to say that the OSD experience is pretty damn unique. You can't forget the $2500 worth of free trip they are throwing in nor the VIP treatment.

By the same token, the late model year discounts inflate this savings and increase the attractiveness of the total package... but if I had to do it again, I wouldn't hesitate ONE BIT at 2004 prices.

As for buying from a dealer? Great if you can swing a deal.... but I have been told point blank by the Sales manager that there is NO WAY that a dealer themselves can pay what the average OSD customer pays for their car. That has to count for something?

Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

You can increase your OSD savings some more by only ordering up front those things that have to built-in during car's manufacture.

Have ALL the other accessories purchased and installed at FDC. Those that don't require installation such a spare key, spare remote can be shipped in the car as 'shipped accessories'.

By doing this you buy accessories at FDC prices (all will be lower than USA MSRPs) and FDC will not charge you any VAT nor will you pay any local Use Tax on all these accessories when you register your car in USA.

Accessories that can be bought at FDC

Rubber color matching floor mats
    Fog light covers
    Full size spare
    Engine grate (front skid plate)
    Shallower grocery tray for when you use full size spare
    Cross bars, Bike rack, Ski holders, etc etc
    Cargo mats
    Steel barrier for restraining pets and/or cargo
    Rear Spoiler (check this one as I'm not sure)
    Roof rails
    Intergrated thermal cooler box
    Cargo cooler box
    Coin holder
    Spare keys
    Spare remotes (locking, Nav Sys and Audio)
    Get all the VADIS software changes made at FDC -- will save several hundreds of $$$s -- depending on how many software d/l you want. Typically, FDC will do these for FREE -- just ask.
    Mud flaps (front & rear)
    Tow hitch
    Rear skid plate

I'm sure there are more things that can be added.

Good luck. The OSD program is a GREAT experience. Treat your wife or do a father/son trip like I did.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

What kinds of things can be changed through VADIS updates? Secondly, what If I am dropping my vehicle off in another city, would I have to make those changes when I pick up my car?

Thanks
    V70 2.5T Titanium Grey Metallic. Lthr + Climate pkg + Geartronic + Nav + Wood Steering

1600 Miles Gothenburg > Stockholm > Copenhagen > Cologne > Brussels > Bruges > Amsterdam

Default Imported post

I don't recall all the programmable VADIS software d/l options but I'll list what I can recall

Amount of auto dimming for rear view mirror
    How long courtesy lights remain lit after exiting/entering car
    Front seat heater temps
    Daylight runningts enabled/disabled
    Leading zeros for instument displays
    Deg F or Deg C
    12 or 24 hr clock
    Time delay for doors locked after engine switched off 0-255 secs
    Time delay for interior lights to dim down with door open

If you aren't dropping off at FDC then you have no choice but to have everything done when you pickup your car at FDC. Just be sure to ask them about all of what you want doing ahead of time via Email. In this way they are forewarned and they can make sure they have all the things you want set aside for when you arrive.

Hope that helps.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son

Default Imported post

To Low Tide or any other veteran OSD'er...

I think we all have heard the fact that we do not qualify for discounted financing (i.e. 0.9%, etc.)....

but... is it really true that we MUST use external (non-volvo) financing. for example, I was under the impression that we could still GO THROUGH volvo finance, but we would only qualify for the non-promotional rates, such as 5 or 6% instead of 0.9%

The 2004 price increase doesn't actual matter thanks to William helping me lock in at 2003 prices... but I'm interested in seeing if any of the features I ordered are standard equipment... which should make them drop off my total price. hopefully William will send out the full option list soon.

take care all.

Default Imported post

THANKS FOR RESEARCHING THIS--I'M DUE TO FINANCE MY CAR EARLY JUNE FOR JULY 1 PICK-UP.  I TOO HAVE 03 PRICING AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WILLIAM'S ANSWER. MY CONFIRMATION FROM VOLVO SHOWS PRICING AND 2003 PRICING AND WHAT MY BE STANDARD BUT ARE OPTIONS NOW AS OPTION PRICES.  IT MAY BE TO HAVE NEW STANDARDS COUNT AS STANDARDS, WE HAVE TO PAY 04 PRICES. IN THAT CASE, WE ARE STILL BETTER OFF WITH 03 PRICES---LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR UPDATES--- MERV
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

All I know about the use of Volvo Finance isthat you CAN use their tier structure, but Volvo places OSD is a little higher tier.  My inquiry revealed a rate of 7.82% in Feb.  My private bank rate for 60mos was 5.25% followed by a limited term 4 year fixed rate of 2.90%.

Volvo money has never been cheap- except for promos like the "current dealer stock" offers.  If you can get Volvo finance money for under 6.5% on an OSD, that's the easiest thing to do.

Many private banks have issues with you taking delivery of "their" car overseas.  More than half won't lend to you unless you forget to tell them about the "picking up in Sweden part"     A few offer unrestricted loans though...

If you pay CASH, note that you are likely to be able to defer tax, title, reg until AFTER the car returns to the US.  Bank financed deals often require you to pay upfront.  

Good luck.  Keep us posted about Volvo finance deals on OSD.... they are few and far between.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

If you have previously owned a Volvo you might press your local Dealership to look into Volvo Loyalty discounts and/or promotions. When I bought my Volvo S90 in 1998 I pressed home the point I was a 'loyal' Volvo customer and they were able to discount the car an additional $1000 and for some strange reason when the final bill came thru it had been discounted ANOTHER $1000 -- sooo, for my time/effort in asking about the 'loyalty' program I was rewarded with a $2000 discount. It doesn't hurt to ask all these type questions, other than time spent.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123