Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Imported post

Kersti

You have indicated in your posting that you enjoyed your ride in XC70.   I drove mine around for the first time yesterday.  My initial reaction is that at low speeds the road sound is pretty audible, especially in comparison to a Toyota Camry.   At high speeds the XC seems to better than a Camry.  I was wondering what your experiences on XC70
    were, regarding luxury and quiteness, in comaparison to your Lexus (which you had also indicated you own(ed)).

Just curious.

thanks
    Purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

I would probably have to admit the road noise was a bit louder than my Lexus (know for the quiteness) but still very good. The seats were more comfortable but then my Lexus is 11 years old so may have stiffened a little. The Lexus has more electronic adjustments on the driver's seat, especially lumbar control that I like and the electronic steering wheel adjustment is better than the manual one on the Volvo. I will have to admit I only drove only a small portion of our trip, so I didn't spend that much time adjusting controls. Also the radio controls and presets aren't intuitive but the manual explains pretty well how it functions and having the steering wheel controls is a plus. Considering everything I am very pleased with the car.

Kersti
    '08 Oyster Gray XC70 DSTC Front/Rear Park Assist, Rear 12V.

Default Imported post

kersti,

glad to know you had a good trip!  road noise:  we got the laminated side windows and it makes a tremendous difference in outside noise getting in-lessens it considerably.  did you post some pics of your trip somewhere???

thanks

rich kestner
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Default Imported post

No I am still in jet lag mode, hopefully this weekend I will download my pictures and see if I can figure out how to post.

Kersti

Default Imported post

can't wait to see pictures of the ruby red !

I just changed my OSD order from white to RUBY.  very happy about it

congrats.

Default Imported post

Ok, here is a try at adding a picture. If this doesn't work, booster has a nice picture of the Ruby Red with matching Thule box.

Default Imported post

kersti...

it looks great !  post more if you can.  not enough pictures around of ruby red

mine should look really similar, only difference is the xenia wheels and graphite interior.

would love to hear the MUST SEE vs. DON'T BOTHER list for sweden too !!!

-Don

Venice, CA; 2004 XC70, Silver (AKA: Silvia)

Default Imported post

I went down to my dealership to clarify some issues with my OSD, when I was there I saw a new Ruby Red XC70 on the lot with taupe interior. I must say that I was very impressed with that color.
    It looks great on XC70 and would highly recommend the Ruby Red. The dealer said it's always the first one to go however there aren't too many of them around to buy.
    2004 Volvo, Silver XC70, OSD, 113,000 mi; AKA: Silvia

Default Imported post

Silverstar,
    Which dealership is it, I might go see it, I won't be picking mine up until May 10th and I have almost forgotten what it looks like. When do you pick up your car?

Venice, CA; 2004 XC70, Silver (AKA: Silvia)

Default Imported post

Hi Kersti,

The ruby red is at Santa Monica Volvo. I'm schedule to pick up mine on June 2.
    2004 Volvo, Silver XC70, OSD, 113,000 mi; AKA: Silvia

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123