This is a copy of my post on the "virginians" topic concerning tracking your new Volvo across the ocean.  Our experience was very smooth.  Good luck.

I used this tool to track my car across the Atlantic Ocean and ultimately to Baltimore horbor where it was offloaded exactly on schedule on 3 November.  I was contaced two days later by mail by the forwarding agent confirming that our car had arrived in Baltimore and had cleared customs and would be shipped to our dealer in Fairfax, VA.  I called them to confirm the date it was released to the trucking company and gave my dealer a heads up.  They too had been contacted.  Our car arrived at the dealer two days before the delivery date projected by Volvo FDC staff.  Our dealer took one day to service it, provide the Virginia Inspection, temporary tags and a complete detailing including a full tank of gas.  The car was in excellent shape.  No scratches and the spoiler we ordered at the FDC at dropoff was installed beautifully.  The process at the dealer could not have been easier.   We walked in, shook the hand of the salesman and sales manager, they handed us the key and off we went.  No papers, no nothing......took about 10 minutes max.    Door to door from the FDC to our house in Springfield, VA, the shipping time took 31 days.  This included time at the FDC to install the spoiler.  Hope all your experiences are as smooth.