Question OSD for me? Summer 2009?

I am tossing around the idea of getting a new Volvo and doing do via the OSD. My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe next summer and I would love to make a first stop in Sweden. I have a couple of questions. 1. Pricing, I am work for an employer that has access for us to purchase Volvos at either A-Plan or 2%of A-Plan through an employee purchase program. Is this pricing available via OSD? What other discounts or incentives are in place or are likely to be in place? 2. Timing. When do I need to make the decision that I am going to do it, and when do I need to place my order in order to pick it up next summer. 3. Payment. I will likely pay cash, so naturally, I want to hang on to as much of it as possible as long as possible. What are the payment terms in OSD? I appreciate any information you folks can provide.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Mark,

The Volvo Overseas Delivery Program is truly a great way to combine the puchase of a new car with a European vacation.

Here are answers to your questions:

1. "A Plan" (and X, Y, and Z Plan) pricing is only with a regular US Volvo purchase. These plans are not applicable with the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program. The Overseas Delivery Program is designed to be a simple no haggle, no hassle way to purchase a car and get a trip to Europe. The savings on an Overseas Delivery Program car is on average about 8 % less than the US MSRP, plus you get two free round trip airline tickets to Europe, and one night's hotel stay (if you take delivery in Goteborg, Sweden). There are extra incentives and offers with the Overseas Delivery Program that vary throughout the year.

2. The lead time for an Overseas Delivery Program order is eight to twelve weeks from receipt of the order till the car is ready for pickup. The times wil vary with the model and time of year. The earliest date you can submit an order is six months from the order date to pickup date - for example if you ordered your car on December 15, 2009 then you could push the pickup date out as far as June 15, 2009.

3. The deposit for an Overseas Delivery Volvo is $4,000 on a custom ordered car or $2,000 for a pre-built vehicle. The deposit needs to be submitted with your order. If you are paying cash for the car, the balance is due thirty days prior to the pickup date in Europe. If you are financing the car, then the loan should be set up forty five days prior to the pickup date in Europe. Financing of an Overseas Delivery Program car is available with Volvo Finance of North America.

More information about the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program is here: www.flyvolvo.com

Mark, if you would like to receive email updates about the Volvo Overseas Delivery Program please send me an email. I have helped people all over the US get a new Volvo and a great European vacation.

William
    Go on a Journey for Life...
    " See Europe by Volvo "
    Click to take the first step