Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imported post

It's Friday night...

do you know where your Overseas Delivery Volvo is?

Here are five Overseas Delivery Volvos that have recently landed in America.  At least three of these Volvos are waiting for owners who have posted messages on the volvoxc.com

Can anyone identify them?

William
    Go on a Journey for Life...
    " See Europe by Volvo "
    Click to take the first step

Default Imported post

I'd guess the ruby red one is jst4fun's but you have me stumped on the other two sorry.

Those roof strips look very cool on the silver one.  
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

Fun photo---look for next week--my car will be there--picked-up july 1 dropped off july 10 in stockholm. Ash gold with lic. TUK?. :happy:Yep, I know---still on the high seas and I'm very excited.--Merv

2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can anyone identify them?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    The Ti V70 with the TUX plate is mine&#33;
    Great pic, William.
    2004 V70 2.5T Ti Grey, GT, leather, touring, wood steering weel, amalthea, roof rails. OSD July 2003, delivered September 19. 12k miles.

Default Imported post

Coastal was right... the ruby red XC70 is mine... er uh, I mean hers. (she&#39;s watching me type this&#33; )

We picked it up yesterday from William, and we are super happy to have the car back in the states. &nbsp;The scenery on i80 is definitely not as nice, but the ride is still outstanding... even better now that we can compare it to our other cars on the exact same roads.

Should have seen all the looks we got as people saw us driving around with our red plates. &nbsp;

what a great car, and William is a class act. &nbsp;the car was fully gas&#39;ed and cleaned up when we picked it up just 24hrs after the truck dropped it off to the dealer. &nbsp;we noticed a small scratch on the passenger rearview mirror, and one problem with an OSD installed option, and he was happy to document them and put plans in place for us to get them fixed.

The US delivery process was definitely more painless than I had imagined. &nbsp;No DMV paperwork to do, no documents to bring, NOTHING. &nbsp;just pick up the keys, do a walkaround, get few more tips from William (i love the fact that I continue to learn about this car and its wonderful features even after researching the heck out of it).. and then drive off &#33;

If anyone has any questions about the delivery/customs process please feel free to ask.

BTW, did you guys know that when the XC70 detects the airbags have deployed, it will automatically unlock the doors to ensure people can get in the vehicle to save you ?

take care.

Default Imported post

jst4fun---long wait but worth it--2 more weeks and I&#39;ll be joining you in celebrating---CONGRATS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; merv
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

Anybody know how long you can leave the plates on your car. I have been told so many different things by the state of Minnesota I am not sure. My dealer says 60 days but don&#39;t want a ticket.

2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

Default Imported post

Do ALL the Volvos coming into the states come in on the west coast?

Default Imported post

No, Volvos also arrive in the US via ports on the East Coast.

William
    Go on a Journey for Life...
    " See Europe by Volvo "
    Click to take the first step

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigtomhammer @ Sep. 15 2003,01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anybody know how long you can leave the plates on your car. I have been told so many different things by the state of Minnesota I am not sure. My dealer says 60 days but don&#39;t want a ticket.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Hey bigtom...I don&#39;t know what the law says but I drove around the Twin Cities with the red plates earlier this summer with no problems. &nbsp;I had them on for about a month and passed police on several ocassions. &nbsp;My dealer (Borton) told me I had 30 days...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast