Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

For the record.

CLOSURE -- today I received the promised $300 from VCNA. That took VCNA just 21 days to process from the time Jason agreed on my refund/credit -- not bad for a large auto company and evidence that they 'walk the talk'.

What's more significant to me is that the $300 is $50 more than what the disputed accessory/option cost and it amounts to a full $300 credit on what I paid for the car in total.

This OSD dispute/misunderstanding was handled by VCNA is a very professional way and they have retained a satisfied customer.

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Sorry about that guys... I just found this thread this afternoon, then crafted a lengthy reply I was really happy with, but lost it when mistakenly navigating to another webpage... rookie mistake dangit.    

Overall, I agree it's pretty important for this community to remain autonomous from the manufacturer. Even if the site were to be supported by Volvo and given free reign on content and opinion, I'm sure a lot of members would continually question the validity of the content... hmm wonder if Volvo asked him to tone that post down or delete that thread... etc.

That said, from what I understand Ford Corp has actually started to ally itself with enthusiast Internet communities of their products. In a recent pilot test, they brought a group of webmasters who run Ford Truck enthusiast websites to the 2003 Detriot Auto Show and gave them the VIP treatment.. previews and testdrives of upcoming 2001 models, all expenses paid room, board and flight, full press passes to the auto show etc... so who knows... perhaps some time down the road this will become a company wide initiative. Not that I'm holding my breath for that because this is just a fun site.. had I been out to make a buck I would have given up long ago LOL.

As Low Tide alludes to, I originally built the site out of my enthusiasm for the Volvo Cross Country, and since then it's really just grown from there with the assistance from everyone who posts here.

Remuneration for my efforts? Well, as much as the site helps with their Cross Country sales, Volvo never asked me to to do this for them so it'd be bit selfish for me to expect compensation. That said though, it would be nice for one of the "higher ups" to recognize the site's impact and maybe grant access to their press fleet, print materials/media etc. I've asked for assistance in the past, but haven't gotten too far

As I've mentioned a couple times in the past, if you, or someone you know, is looking to have some web work done... feel free to contact me through my web development company Servoweb. I always enjoy discussing new projects, even if it's just to give you a rough idea on effort and cost.  

And Barry, I appreciate the offer. Though I may have provided the forum through which to share this discussion, really it's the members that makes this a real community... I just help to shape it. But if you really feel the need, I think a round of pints with everyone would be the best. Saturday June 14-15 in Vancouver... be there for the first round of pints on Barry, the second on me.

Cheers!

Taylor.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

I definitely think you should give yourself a huge pat on the back Taylor! As active members, we all play a vital role in keeping this vibrant community thriving, however, without you laying the foundation right from the start, this marvelous site wouldn't even exist.

We can only hope that someone higher up will take notice and reward you in a manner which is truly deserving. Afterall, I'm sure the site has already proven to be a useful tool for Volvo and has even taken things a step further in having influenced the decision making process of a number of individuals who are considering or who have already purchased a XC.

As for the free round of pints, I'll settle for root beer!!

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coastal @ May 02 2003,23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And Barry, I appreciate the offer. Though I may have provided the forum through which to share this discussion, really it&#39;s the members that makes this a real community... I just help to shape it. But if you really feel the need, I think a round of pints with everyone would be the best. Saturday June 14-15 in Vancouver... be there for the first round of pints on Barry, the second on me.

Cheers&#33;

Taylor.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Fair enough -- 1st round on me (&amp; Jason Borsh )
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12