Default Imported post

There's some discussion going on in the other forum about the correct breakin procedure. That is, keeping RPMs below some value, no hard acceleration, change oil after 3000 miles rather than waiting longer, etc, etc.

It would be good to get the scoop from the 'horses mouth' so to speak, at the FDC.

Maybe as people proceed thru the OSD/FDC experience they could post back what the FDC staff person says to do for the period of time touring about before returning car for shipment back to USA.

Thanks.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barrysharp @ Feb. 09 2003,16:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There&#39;s some discussion going on in the other forum about the correct breakin procedure. That is, keeping RPMs below some value, no hard acceleration, change oil after 3000 miles rather than waiting longer, etc, etc.

It would be good to get the scoop from the &#39;horses mouth&#39; so to speak, at the FDC.

Maybe as people proceed thru the OSD/FDC experience they could post back what the FDC staff person says to do for the period of time touring about before returning car for shipment back to USA.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Barry

I will ask. &nbsp;But remember I am not taking my car anywhere but the testing track for a spin. &nbsp;

Purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

Purush:

It looks like you may be one of the first in our OSDers group to visit FDC -- you&#39;ve just 14 days to go &nbsp; &nbsp;Look forward to your FDC report and the test track experience/description.

Are you one of the people wanting the wood/leather steering wheel?
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barrysharp @ Feb. 09 2003,18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Purush:

Are you one of the people wanting the wood/leather steering wheel?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Barry

The wooden steering wheel does look cool. &nbsp;However, my wife was not keen on it. &nbsp;So, I stopped drooling thinking about it

Purush

Unhappy Imported post

Purush do you having a hard time waiting to get your hands on the car? Those last days were hard, at least for me.

It will be great to hear what the FDC staff have to say about the breakin procedure.

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr_Westlake @ Feb. 09 2003,18:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Purush do you having a hard time waiting to get your hands on the car? Those last days were hard, at least for me.

It will be great to hear what the FDC staff have to say about the breakin procedure. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Yeah -- it has been hard. &nbsp;I won&#39;t be driving it too much in Sweden. &nbsp;The next month and a half will be even more worse as I wait to get my car home

Purush

Default Imported post

i seem to remember hans at fdc telling me that the breakin procedure was stay below 4k rpm for the first 1200 miles. &nbsp;i asked him about oil change at 3k miles and he instructed that it was unnecessary until 7.5k miles. &nbsp;we did not change oil in our 1 month, 4k mile tour of europe. &nbsp;i kept it below 4k rpm until we hit 1.2k miles, somewhere in normandy, france if i remember correctly. &nbsp;one other point he shared was not to run too long at one speed/rpm, especially easy with cruise control, during the breakin period. &nbsp;i also remember hans telling me that volvo ran the engines to break them in before delivery of the car. &nbsp;i believe the engine run in must be performed at the engine manufacturing facility, since the factory only runs the finished vehicle for a mile and a half or so before shipping/fdc/etc.
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD