Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imported post

I've been trying to get this question answered in the general forum, without much luck, so I'll try in this forum where it belonged in the first place.

My wife and I am getting our XC70 OSD in mid December, and will likely select some additional accessories, while picking up the car, to take advantage of the savings while at the factory.  

Our question is this:  WHEN do the accessories get installed?  Do you pay on the spot when the car is delivered to you, then they keep the car an additional day?  Do they put them on once the car is returned from it's European tour?  Do they put them on, then return the car to you later in the same day?

Does anyone know how this will work, as we cannot plan our European vacation or book hotels until we know when we will be hitting the road or if we have to return the car to the factory vs. selecting an alternate site such as Brussels.

Please help us!!

Respectfully,

Tom & Jenny

Default Imported post

You do pay on the spot--as far as installation I woulld it would depend upon what you ordered--if it was a major item, you could order it ahead & have it ready--mats, netting, chains-etc just put in car.  My dealer installed cargo net at no
    charge.  Barry had spoiler and other  things added--I think they did that after he dropped it off.  Keep in mind they are delivering 20 or more cars in a day so I would doubt if installation was complex that it would be done the same day.I dropped my car off in Stockhom at a dealership and they ordered and installed my full size spare--only problem was that I had to pay Tax and then get it refunded at the airport.  They couldn't figure out why I didn't have the tire to show them but
    finally relented and gave me back $100.
    2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

We were thinking of adding the net pocket side panels, roof ribs, and rear skid plate.

When would they install these? After the car is turned in?

By the way, thanks a lot for answering our question!

Tom

Default Imported post

Yes, it depends on what you want installed. For instance, we bought the cooler/heater box (this is great BTW) and had them install the extra power outlet in the back while we were taking the safety center tour. I suggest you get as many items installed while you're at the OSD center. If there 's anything wrong with them, you can get it fixed when you drop off the car.
    2004 V70 2.5T Ti Grey, GT, leather, touring, wood steering weel, amalthea, roof rails. OSD July 2003, delivered September 19. 12k miles.

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpudRacer @ Oct. 06 2003,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We were thinking of adding the net pocket side panels, roof ribs, and rear skid plate.

When would they install these? After the car is turned in?

By the way, thanks a lot for answering or question&#33;

Tom[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    We had all of the same items (skid plate, net pocket, roof ribs, foglight covers, floor mats, first aid kit, and mudflaps) installed while we went on the factory tour....we arrived at 10 am, told them what we wanted and returned at 1 pm to find everything installed....and drove out of the factory with the exact specs that we wanted....
    &#39;04XC Prem PKG, Touring PKG, AudioMax, Subwoofer, DSTC, Xenon Lights, Motion Sensor, Xenia, Booster seats, Load Bar, 12V Cargo

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We had all of the same items (skid plate, net pocket, roof ribs, foglight covers, floor mats, first aid kit, and mudflaps) installed while we went on the factory tour....we arrived at 10 am, told them what we wanted and returned at 1 pm to find everything installed....and drove out of the factory with the exact specs that we wanted....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks a lot dhu for answering our important questions. &nbsp;Sounds like we shouldn&#39;t have any problem getting what we want installed while taking the factory tour.

Most grateful,

Tom

Default Imported post

forgot to mention that alternatively, you can have things installed after you drop the car off at the end of your trip that way you don&#39;t have to wait when you first get the car. &nbsp;The only downside is that you don&#39;t get to check their work until you arrive back in the states....
    &#39;04XC Prem PKG, Touring PKG, AudioMax, Subwoofer, DSTC, Xenon Lights, Motion Sensor, Xenia, Booster seats, Load Bar, 12V Cargo

Default Imported post

SpudRacer, I&#39;ll add a couple of thoughts. &nbsp;If you want to have items added the day you pick up the car, I highly recommend you get an a.m. appointment. &nbsp;I had my appointment just before lunch. &nbsp;I added the mudflaps, floor mat package and roof ribs. &nbsp;Leif was very helpful and had them all installed or in the car when we returned from the tour. &nbsp;Also, Mondays and Fridays are their busiest days by far. &nbsp;If you are picking up on another day, you will find the staff less hurried and probably more able to accomodate your added requests. &nbsp;By the end of our trip, my wife had decided she wanted the spoiler, so we ordered it at dropoff. &nbsp;That was last Thursday, 10/9. &nbsp;The spoiler was to be delivered to the fdc today, Monday, 10/13. &nbsp;Our car ships on Saturday, 10/18.
    04 XC70, Ruby Red, Sand Leather, Premium/Touring Pkg&#39;s, Navigation, Xenia Wheels/Locking Wheel Nuts

Default Imported post

Thanks SeaBee.

We&#39;ve heard that it&#39;s best NOT to have options added AFTER you drop off the car, as you can&#39;t check the work once it&#39;s done.

As for the tip to avoid Monday or Friday, good tip, very grateful&#33;&#33;

Tom

Default Imported post

But if the factory screws up something, shouldn&#39;t the local dealer try and take care of any problem?

Also Seabee, unfortunately we take delivery on Friday so hopefully won&#39;t be too bad. Although, I have posted a couple of posts on here and on Swedespeed.com and haven&#39;t found anyone else for OSD on the Friday that I am picking mine up. I know that alot of people aren&#39;t on here or on swedespeed but you would think I would find at least one. Probabily going to be the busiest day ever knowing my luck.

2005 XC90 2.5T AWD-Titanium Grey Metallic & Lt. Taupe Leather -OSD July 8, 2005. Premium, Versatility, and Climate Packages, IPD running boards, and XPEL clear bra.

2004 V70 AWD-Nautic Blue & Tan leather-Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, GT, Cold Weather Pkg, Boosters, OSD Oct 2003 - Sold October, 2005. One of a kind color combination.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast