Hey Kayaking, it sounds like we just missed each other at the Grand Hotel as well.  I kept looking for another car with the red tourist plates and only saw one the whole time, and it was a little Peugot or Renault.  

We stayed at the Grand Hotel 5/24 and 5/25.  I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone...it is in a very beautiful setting right on the water and with the train station literally right across the street that takes you right to Gamla Stan.  This made it very easy to get to downtown Stockholm without driving.  The beds left something to be desired but we're quite spoiled by our Sleep Number bed.

We started out in Gothenburg and drove to Jonkoping, which was a cool little town right on the lake.  (We stayed at the John Bauer Best Western which was very nice.)  After being up for 30+ hours at this point we collapsed at about 8pm and fell into a VERY deep slumber.  So much so that the next thing we knew the phone was ringing...

"Yes, this is the front desk, are you going to be checking out today?"
Me: "Yes, we are..."
"Well, it's almost 1pm..."  

We slept for 17 HOURS!!!  Talk about catching up on your sleep deficit, I think we erased it in one fell swoop!

From there we drove to Stockholm for a few days and then down to the island of Oland, which was fantastic -- very picturesque with wild orchids and ruins and windmills everywhere.  We could have easily spent more time there.  We stayed at a cool little inn (more of a B&B really) called Villa Del Sol.  

Next we headed to Copenhagen for two days with a stop at the Boda factory to blow some cash.    Copenhagen was probably the highlight of our trip.  The city itself is very cool and one of the days we took a drive to see the Fredericksborg, Fredensborg, and Helsingborg castles which were all remarkable.  After this it was back to Gothenburg to drop off the car and catch for our flight home!  All in all, a fantastic time!

I'll have to scan some pictures in and post them on the site...we only took one or two of the car b/c as much as we liked it there was much better stuff to spend film on!

My car is on the Tai Shin, I believe, which docks in Baltimore so it probably is the same boat...it should arrive at my dealer on 7/2 and I am eagerly anticipating it's arrival!!

-Jon