Default Imported post

As bizarre as it may sound, what possibility exists to actually change the vehicle for another color? I'm having last minute "reservations" about the final selection I made on our XC70. My salesman actually said to me that they may be able to "flip" vin #'s etcetera. I find this hard to believe or why else would there be so much lead time required? My problem is that all the colors for this vehicle are so awesome that it was very hard to finalize that part of the decision process. I selected Nautic Blue with Taupe interior, but like how some of the other colors better accent the lower trim features. Also, there are a few new ones for 2004 and they may prove to be very exciting as well. I think, however, that I am just "spinning my wheels" on this request. I am still impressed with the Nautic Blue, regardless. Anyone ever actual pull a "switch" right there at the fdc?
    2004 XC70 OSD May 26, 2003 Nautic Blue, taupe leather interior, prem. pkg, Volvo/Thule standard crossbars, rear skid plate, rear cargo net, Tellus wheels with Pirelli STR's.

Default Imported post

Your color combo is a good one.... and you liked it enough to order it the first time right?  I'm sure you'll be happy.  A lot of things go through one's head during the waiting process.  I'd go down to the dealer and look at the other cars... colors etc to reassure yourself.  

But... to try to answer that quesiton....I have reservations about what to offer you as an opinion.  

I would have to say you need to contact your OSD regional rep IMMEDIATELY if you are seriously thinking about changing colors.

Changing at the FDC is not likely to be possible. By that point- your car has been built, the legal documents issued, and plans made to deliver that particular car. Once you have been assigned a VIN number- that's your car as far as I know.... There is also a point intime when in order to change the fundamentals build requirements of the car will require you to sacrifice your initial $2000 deposit. If you have picked a car off the white sheet- then there may be a slight glimmer of hope to simple cange vehicles- assuming that you are still in the window to do so.... probably this window closes once you have received the inital order confirmation.... again, call immediately if your serious.

Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

Thanks. I guess my osd regional is Kate Rehill at 1-800-631-1667...that's the name on the Order Confirmation. There is also an e-mail: overseas@volvocars.com. I'll have to contact Monday if I attempt the switch. Thanks for the reply. Maybe I am just in need of the reassurance that it is an awesome color combo!! But there is something about that Ash Gold, Silver Metallic, Platinum Green, etc, etc!!! Perhaps I just need a FEW XC70's in the driveway! Well, my daughters are in need of new vehicles soon...maybe I can convince them of another XC70!! But something tells me they will want to opt for a sportier model or covertible. Though, I must say, my daughter up at Boston College recently said to me.." Hey dad, I saw "your" new Nautic Blue XC70 AWD being driven around campus the other day with all the windows down, sun roof rolled back, and the music pumping and it really looked hot!" I think some of her opinion may have been swayed by the young BC guy that was driving it!! Does anyone have any nice photo's of their Nautic Blues? The brochure does not do this color justice and I don't see many of them on the road...mostly Ash Gold and Silver in this area...Long Island, NY
    2004 XC70 OSD May 26, 2003 Nautic Blue, taupe leather interior, prem. pkg, Volvo/Thule standard crossbars, rear skid plate, rear cargo net, Tellus wheels with Pirelli STR's.