Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Imported post

kersti, if you like a plush very comfortable ride without high speeds, then you will not be disapointed. I am in the 'GO' mode, most of the time and when the traffic conditions are clear, I am in the 'Hammer' lane. My 99XC tracks like a sports sedan, my 03 XC is more like a plush sedan. They are two very different vehicles. MY ideal vehicle (I tried to purchase one last Spring) is a Porsche C4 (AWD) which is available in the rest of the world but not North America because Porsche has to sell the Cayenne. -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Default Imported post

Dick,

What about changing the tires?
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

Low Tide, certainly a good suggestion, Since there is no snow in Wisconsin, I have not ordered my usual Gislaved/wheel combo's and will not until about next August(they only bring in a limited number and they go fast). the following spring I will search out different summer tires. I know one other member changed his tires and said it made a difference but I have a hard time intellectually understanding that. -Dick
    '11 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
    '03 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His
    '99 XC70 Silver/Charcoal -Granddaughter's
    '87 740GLE Junk Yard@287K miles
    2013 Porsche Boxster
    2017 Porsche C4S

Unhappy Imported post

Hi guys,
    topic change...we have the opportunity to order an '04 by 3/12 to get a May delivery XC-70. Our dealer has had no luck getting any info on the new "zenna" wheels. We have to make up our minds by 3/12 to get this slot in production schedule.
    Any ideas ? Does anyone know who makes the wheels for Volvo ? Thought maybe they had a web-site with a photo.
    ===
    Still considering OSD, and was told we can not order one of those until April when the prices are finalized. Anyone else had success yet ordering '04 model for OSD ? If we have to wait until April will run into Summer shut-down, and more changes Fall delivery (do not want to make my first USA trip in the salt...)
    thanks for your help !
    '04 Ruby, sand, prem pkg, tour pkg, xenon, DST, xenia wheels, OSD

Default Imported post

Ruby, Yannis at Swede Speed says Zenia wheels almost identical to Atlantis wheel on XC 90. I'm trying to get my 04 ordered for July 1 pick-up--dealer got reverse radar order # &
    price from Jason at vcna and is weighing placing my order now or waiting till 04 pricing and new packages are announced. I too am anxious to plan trip (in fact it is planned) just need dates to be able to book lodging. Just looked at atlantis wheel--looks good but I think with Volvo soft brake dust that the small notches would be hard to clean.  I stick with regular wheel.

2010 XC60 3.2AWD; 2004 XC70 OSD both models

Default Imported post

Well then, I guess this means the following thread was correct to start, that is aside from the fact that I posted it as a 2003 option

http://xc70.com/cgi-bin....tlantis

And the atlantis rim on the XC90 for reference:

01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

Yes, you were originally correct, coastal! I saw somewhere a couple of weeks ago that those were the wheels shipping on the MY2004 XC70 and I thought about looking for that thread and I couldn't find it.
    MY2002 - V70XC
    Nautic Blue/Graphite

Talking Imported post

for those considering OSD here is the latest off the flyvolvo.com website !!
    We are very excited since this is the first time in the history of the Volvo Overseas Delivery program a new model year will begin during the peak season for the Overseas Delivery Program which is May through September!

Please keep in mind that the 2004 Overseas Delivery Program prices are preliminary until the North American market releases final 2004 Model Year pricing.

So now is your chance to order a 2004 Volvo at 2003 prices!

If there are any price decreases once the final pricing is out Volvo will off course correct the invoice or reimburse Overseas Delivery customers. During the Model Year 2004 pre-sell period, customers are protected from price increases compared to final pricing. The final pricing is expected to be out in early April.

The 2004 models will be available for delivery in Gothenburg in May.

We are also glad to be able to continue the current travel offer throughout calendar year 2003…

2 round trip tickets to Europe on Scandinavian Airlines 1 hotel night at SAS Radisson in Gothenburg

Here is a quick summary on the changes for model year 2004…

V70
    The 2.4T engine (197 HP) will be upgraded to 2.5T (208 HP). The ZF-steering gear will be standard. Speed sensitive steering will be available as option.

New V70 Interior craftsmanship
    * Air vents on passenger side color coordinated
    * Instrument panel gets chrome rings around gauges
    * Color coordinated power seat control panels
    * Charcoal, a new graphite color on interior parts
    * Air vents in B-pillars color coordinated

V70 Exterior
    * New outer rear view mirrors (common with S80)
    * Bi-xenon headlights available
    * Integrated car key and remote control

New exterior colors:
    * Ice white (614)
    Deleted exterior colors:
    * Polar white (189)

XC70
    * Integrated car key and remote control
    New exterior colors:
    * Ice white (614)
    * Crystal green metallic (456)
    Deleted exterior colors:
    * Polar white (189)
    * Platinum green metallic (449)
    '04 Ruby, sand, prem pkg, tour pkg, xenon, DST, xenia wheels, OSD

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Integrated car key and remote control[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Does this mean the actual key folds/retracts into the remote housing -- if so, cool Then it may also mean there&#39;s no key in the normal sense and the remote is simply placed into the ignition switch much like done for MB.

However, for myself I prefer the separate key as my Fox Terrier has chewed the remote housing and set off the panic alarm in the past which was bad enough -- but to chew up the key as well means a &#036;200 bill

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

WOW&#33; &nbsp;what wonderful, detailed technical information&#33; &nbsp;thanks to all&#33;
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123