Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Imported post

automonkey,

we had hoped to get to tanumshede but just didn't make it.  when you get back, could you post something about your experience there?  we were going to rent a bungalow at the camping place there in order to meet folks and make some new friends.

breakdowns and problems:  we were told that we were covered by the volvo on call, roadside assistance program, etc. with arrangements/agreements with the national auto clubs of many european nations.  i took my AAA card and checked with the local office who printed up reciprocal european clubs contact numbers, emergency numbers, etc.  of course, we never had to use any of this, the car was outstanding!

hope this is helpful.
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we had hoped to get to tanumshede but just didn&#39;t make it. when you get back, could you post something about your experience there?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I promise a full trip report - plus up to 8 rolls-worth of photos &#33;

AutoMonkey
    2003 Platinum Green XC70, OSD March 2003

Default Imported post

I was not familiar with Tanumshede so checked the internet. It is known for its Bronze Age rock carvings, am I right? It is on the way to Oslo so thanks to you guys we will stop and visit Tanumshede.

Kersti
    '08 Oyster Gray XC70 DSTC Front/Rear Park Assist, Rear 12V.

Default Imported post

Hi Kersti,

You might also want to look into some of the other towns on the coast north of Gothenberg: for example, here are some pictures of Fjällbacka in winter...

Looks pretty&#33; though I don&#39;t know how much snow will be on the ground when we&#39;re there. I believe Purush mentioned that there was lots of snow in Gothenburg in his recent trip report...

AutoMonkey
    2003 Platinum Green XC70, OSD March 2003

Default Imported post

Also should mention the island of Hono. &nbsp;Its very well known among the outdoors circuit for its rock formations, tide movement and bouldering opportunities for those interested in easy climbing.
    Current Volvos
    2012 XC70, OSD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso
    2008 C70, OSD, Celestial Blue/Cream Sovereign

Former Volvos
    2009 XC70 Oyster/Black
    2006 S60R Black Sapphire/Nordkap
    2003 XC70, OSD, Ash/Espresso
    2000 S40, Ice White/Black

Default Imported post

gothenborg&#33; &nbsp;one of the biggest regrets we had was not spending more time in this wonderful city&#33; &nbsp;like most of you, we focused on the fdc and picking up/dropping off the car. &nbsp;our last couple of days we were kinda pooped out from almost 5 weeks in europe, so we just camped out in the radisson (damn the expense, full relaxing ahead&#33. &nbsp;it is a great town and we had an outstanding experience just going to the movies, (saw &#39;minority report&#39;, and the swedish movie crowd errupted into laughter during the scene when the nurse and doctor are speaking swedish ) playing video games with the local teenaged computer nerds/hackers at the cyber cafe, visiting auto parts stores, etc.

each of us is different though, and going to the zoo to see the moose may not be YOUR cup of tea.

anyway, the dockhouse folks, i think, told me that road with the reindeer in the commercial and the modern architecture home is way, way north.

hope this is helpful to all
    '02 V70XC, white, can be seen in Volvo OSD DVD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12