Default Imported post

joeboy01's got a cool way of transporting the bikes

More here: http://www.v70xc.com/pics/joeboy01.html

Thanks joe and sorry for the delay in posting  
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Here's the link to the Draftmaster hitch rack site.

One of the better built bike racks on the market from what I understand. I think I'd always be worried in the event that my expensive two wheelers would end up as someone's hood ornament.

Nonetheless, it is a cool looking set up.

Default Imported post

No close calls yet!  I've had this rack for a number of years and this is the 3rd vehicle I have used it on.  The others were SUVs where placing 4 bikes on the roof was a bit difficult to say the least.  I have a couple of friends buy a Draftmaster the day after they forgot they had thier bikes on the roof and drove them into something.  While the bikes stand up taller than the XC, the gas milage is not greatly impacted nor is handling when compared to a roof rack.
    Ocean Race #64

Default Imported post

I wonder how the reverse sensor system would respond to the presence of such a rack.  It would be nice to have a remote sensor to mount on the rack or one of the bikes to prevent the driver from backing into something while they are present (a mistake not unlike driving under something low with bikes on the roof).
    On the road: Black/Taupe Leather 2004 V70 AWD with Premium and Touring Packages, HU-803 AudioMax, and Xenon Headlamps
    Formerly: Box-Stock 2003 XC70 White/Taupe Leather with Premium and Touring Packages and HU-803 AudioMax (Dec 03-Jan 04)