Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Default Imported post

OK, barring any strong objections from the majority, here's what we've decided on thus far. I've embellished a few of the details as I've come up with a couple interesting ideas. Well, at least I think they're interesting

June 14-15, 2003
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

June 14, Morning: meet at an agreeable location in West Vancouver at, say 9am (perhaps earlier). Drive to Squamish and assuming North Coast XC is starting the day Squamish, pick him up along the way up to Whistler. Lunch in Whistler around 11 or 12 where we meet with cbob, that is assuming he's meeting us en route and not starting in Vancouver.

June 14, Afternoon:After lunch we drive to Pemberton, then along the Hurley Pass Road around to Lillooet.

I have no idea what time we'll get into Lillooet, but here we give an option. For those who can only stay with us the day, they can return to Vancouver via the Duffey Lake Road, and I assume be back into the city at a reasonable hour.

The rest of us will spend the night in Lillooet (or maybe further along the road). We'll plan this ahead and make the appropriate reservations.

June 14, Evening
    This will be pre-researched but find a location to dine/gather for the evening.
    ------------------------------------

June 15, Morning: do the breakfast thing wherever we end up, and drive down the #1 through Hope and back into the Lower Mainland.

June 15, Afternoon: Not sure what time we'll arrive back in the valley, but we'll probably have time to either have lunch or dinner at Domaine de Chaberton, a great winery located in Langley.

June 15, Evening: Since this day's afternoon is uncertain, I'm not sure what will happen here, though I'm sure we'll find something

Sorry for all the unknowns at this point but I really want these decisions to be made as a group and not force feed ya

For those travelling from out of town, we could also extend the gathering to a dinner in Vancouver on the Friday evening, or Sunday upon our return. Also, think about convoying from your local regions.

Please give me your thoughts on what's been presented thus far, and I'll start forming a complete itinerary for the gathering.

Also, sounds like a few of us have been up the Hurley before. I haven't been before but will scout it out one weekend well in advance of the final date just to make sure there are no surprises, and to get a better idea on the time frame.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Smile Imported post

Sounds like a fun time.

I'm going to be travelling a whole bunch around that time, but I'm certainly going to pencil this one into my calendar right now, and try to work around it.

The folks with the OSD vehicles on order are going to have to do some fast "break in" milage to prep for this. Gee, what a chore!
    Commander Bob
    V70XC 2002 /Nautic /Graphite/All the Canuck Standard Pkg. stuff +Premium Pkg. +Rear Skid +Rear Spoiler +F/R mudguards +Gibbons-approved Nokian WR boots +attitude

Default Imported post

Count me in -- it all sound jolly good fun to me.

As I'm but a few hours south of West Vancouver we can fit in with probably any plan you come up with for the Fri PM and weekend activities.

As we will be in our new car break-in period I can always trail in the rear so long as I know where y'all are heading    Actually, now I come to think of it I'll probably be putting some 1000 to 1500 miles on the car touring about Sweden/Norway w/son so maybe the car will not need too much TLC.
    Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Art is offline Senior Member & VolvoXC.com Supporter

Default Imported post

Sounds like a great plan Taylor! Couldn't imagine a better place to hold the meet!

We'll probably make the drive out a day or two earlier. Count on us if you need any help.

Default Imported post

This sounds like a lot of fun, count us in.

Default Imported post

We're in!  

Thanks to Coastal for getting my log-in up and running again.
    2004 XC70 Black w graphite leather
    Touring and Sport Packages

Default Imported post

coastal:

BTW -- will it be mandatory to have the "volvoXC.com" sticker attached to car to be able to join in with the festivities?

Regards -- Barry Sharp
    ==============
    Current: MY2012 XC70 T6/Twi Bronze/Espresso Brown/Polestar/Platinum/BLIS/Tech/ABL/Scuff Plates/Front&Rear cameras
    Traded 2011 C30 R-Design
    Son's '01 S60 2.3L T5,Maya Gold,96Kmi
    Son's '03 XC70 Platinum Green (OSD)
    Daughter#1 2011 XC60
    Daughter#2 2010 XC90
    SOLD '86 745 GLE 6-Cyl-Turbo Diesel,Graphite,255Kmi
    SOLD '03 XC70 to my son
    SOLD '03 XC70, '04 S60R, '07 S60R

Default Imported post

Great to hear guys!

Barry, Art mentioned that he'll be bringing some decals along for the ride out from Alberta so we can affix one to the new ride then if you like. Or even better, order one from him now and bring it along for placement in Sweden

Art, I'll let you know if there's anything needed leading up, thanks for the offer!

Lookin forward to it!

Taylor.
    01 V70XC/Silver/Graphite/Touring & Versatility Packs/No Mods
    Servoweb Technologies developers of web stuff...
    Paddle Surf Canada
    CanSkier.com Skier Community

Default Imported post

sounds fun, I will pencil it into our calendar and try and work around that date too.
    TLCxc

Thumbs up Imported post

The timing is seemingly good for us. We frequent B.C. (Sooke on Vancouver Island mostly) and do enjoy spending time every now and then in Vancouver. If you can firm-up the proposed dates soon then we can probably build a trip around it.

02' XC Ocean Race #516/650
    04' BMW 530iA

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast