Default Imported post

Great car

But the navigational computer works bad on close distance -

40 miles left, 1:20 hours till your destination - wtf?

I am not going 30 mph.....

Anyway to fix it??

Default Imported post

The time given is based on the route chosen by the navigation system, and (perhaps) the expected traffic on that route.  As you take the route the time to destination is recalculated, and is updated every so often.  As you get closer to your destination the navigation system shows about a minute or two left.

BTW there is no way to change the calculation of the time, as it is based on static data stored on your DVD.

Hope that helps.

purush
    '03 XC+DSTC+Premium+Touring+DVD Nav

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (&#036;XC90&#036; @ Sep. 29 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great car

But the navigational computer works bad on close distance...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Welcome &#036;XC90&#036;&#33; Only 2 dollar signs? &nbsp;

I also notice that the time-to-destination is sometimes unreliable. A few times it was so high that I searched the route ahead to see what was going on. It seems to get better after driving a while but I have not examined it closely.

My impression is that road types are not accurate in the database. On a few occasions the system has chosen a truly bizarre route because it treated a dirt road like a highway or a minor highway like an interstate. Let&#39;s hope the database is improved.
    '04 XC90 2.5T, ~170K miles, ash gold/graphite, 7-seater, towing, nav
    "Objects in the mirror may be just as they appear." - Steve Forbert

Default Imported post

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (&#036;XC90&#036; @ Sep. 29 2003,22:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">40 miles left, 1:20 hours till your destination - wtf?

I am not going 30 mph.....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Try going south onto the I-95 from washington DC on a friday afternoon. You&#39;d wish you did 30mph &nbsp;

Congrats on your new car. Enjoy the ride.

2008 V70 2.4 Classic Sports Edition

Default Imported post

LOL &nbsp;