Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some years back I found the drivers door (only) unlocked which made me source and fit a replacement lock actuator to the driver's door. This was inexpensive and fairly easy to instal, get the relevant fittings mostly blind rivets from you parts dealer and be very careful with the centre push fit door card fasteners and the Bowden cable attachment to the door card which is easily broken. Search YouTube for a video how to.
    Your car has automatic door locking have you used Vida to diagnose and does Vida confirm the automatic self locking, also does it have deadbolts? I have a slightly different fault and the culprit appears to be the driver's door master switch. I have now sourced a replacement module with the same part number but as yet have not fitted it. One thing I want to say about fault tracing this model is that one cannot really isolate and attribute causality to one physical component because so many of Volvo's systems work in the manner of a distributed system over a network - the CAN BUS - and I don't think Vida is much help on that score. Another peculiarity is that Vida will reference historic fault codes, clear them and reach an apparent all clear - no fault found status. Only for them to return the very next time the car profile is scanned. Throughout 15+ years of ownership of a PII and Vida, I have brought up central locking fault codes at every profile scan. They have been amber rather than red and in the nature of ****location signal too high, or too low, and yet the central locking has been consistent in working as expected. I will add that the automatic self locking is a PIA and if anyone finds how to turn off this feature I would love to hear about it. I find it surprising that the CL/Volvo Guard system is interfering with the cruise control, this has never happened with my model, but any fault with the tone rings or wheel speed sensors does and when I first had the car the brake peddle sensor went faulty which rendered the cruise control inoperative. Good luck with finding a permanent fix.
    Last edited by nickbw; 12-02-2019 at 04:04 AM.
    MY01 Ocean Race XC70 Blue/Silver

Nick,

Thanks for your reply. The WD-40 did the trick. I was also able to figure out a code that had plagued the car for at least 5 year = --> red triangle with ! in the center and display that read (WTE) Service Engine System Required. Took to Volvo for a "free" code check and it turned out to be the "Brake Pedal Position Sensor", a $50.00 part that actually didn't need to be programmed to the car!!! Disconnect the battery, changed out the part, re-connect battery and the code never came back! Car sold a month or so ago. Miss it for sure, but hard to beat the 50+ MPG that the Prius gets.
    "01" XC70, Polar Blue Metallic, Oak Leather, no 3rd seat, wife's ride.
    "99" Dodge Ram 2500 P/U, QC, 4X4, 8' bed, Cummins, Auto, tweaked a wee bit-522rwhp/998rwtq - my toy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12